Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 341 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I'm not sure of the reason you can't get closer to the Transformers, considering their stilt walkers are plenty experienced, but I think it makes for a pretty bad photo-op. Just looking at the photos, there's no indication that they're even live characters. Looks like you're posing in front of statues.

Video of Optimus Prime and his prerecorded voice from earlier today:

[video=youtube;GLLtrYa55BI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLLtrYa55BI[/video]

I don't have any insider info (Man, I wish I had birds like Teebs does), but it seems like the ride SHOULD be softing WAY before May. I'm personally hoping for Softs in early April....doesn't seem impossible at the rate their going (heck, Softs could start as early as the end of March if we're lucky). Anybody else wanna chime in?

Attractions Magazine posted this video of both characters from today:

[video=youtube;nrfKF7gbpKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrfKF7gbpKE[/video]

I kinda feel bad for the general public. Imagine a little kid going "oh Mommy, Mommy! Let's go ride that ride! It's Transformers!" and it's not open yet. I wish they would open the gift shop and have meet & greets when the ride actually opens...

I would think it's gonna open sooner than most think... otherwise why would they attract crowds with opening the gift shop & have the walkers out getting people excited, only to open it 2 or 3 months later?!?! Only thing I'm worried about is except for me, the rest of my family is blocked the last 2 weeks of March. While most would say I have nothing to worry about, knowing my luck that's when it will probably soft open....

I kinda feel bad for the general public. Imagine a little kid going "oh Mommy, Mommy! Let's go ride that ride! It's Transformers!" and it's not open yet. I wish they would open the gift shop and have meet & greets when the ride actually opens...

They're doing the smart thing though, as opening the gift shop and having the characters out gives the ride higher visibility than simply walking past an unfinished building. It makes people want to come back when the ride is actually open.

Thanks for the pics of meet and greets. The reason we hadn't seen such pics before is the guests have to stand WAY away from the costumes. They are probably delicate given their relative light weight not to mention EXPENSIVE. Probably $10-20K each judging by the complexity and apparent perfection. There is a passer-by on here that can chime in whether or not I am on the mark. :wave:

First day in park in costume with guests; Costumes weigh no less than 75 lbs and have a price tag probably no less than that; High level managment watching/orchestrating...they are being cautious with good reason. Placement/interaction with guests will change in time.

Pictures as promised earlier.

8530351166_c0f47c592f_b.jpg

8529238475_06cb56032c_b.jpg

8529238869_d775ab2baa_b.jpg

8530353742_9577e23189_b.jpg

8530354206_00d0cc6443_b.jpg

8529241227_459516ca60_b.jpg

8529241643_29d140efa3_b.jpg

8529242065_94e56ef8fd_b.jpg

8529242499_05d5ed292c_b.jpg

8529242807_29ee6d690c_b.jpg

Thanks for the pics of meet and greets. The reason we hadn't seen such pics before is the guests have to stand WAY away from the costumes. They are probably delicate given their relative light weight not to mention EXPENSIVE. Probably $10-20K each judging by the complexity and apparent perfection. There is a passer-by on here that can chime in whether or not I am on the mark. :wave:

Oh these are probably closer to the tune of 30-35k each. Lots of sculpting, mold making, fitting, changing, painting etc going into these. Not to mention they have to be super lightweight yet durable. So probably using a combination of FRP, carbon fiber, and vacuformed parts.

Reactions: Felipe