Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 343 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I think people hoping for softs any time before very late April/early May are kidding themselves.

Remember, just because the outside looks basically done, doesn't mean there's not still lots of work to do on the inside. Just look at the recent pictures of the Moe's interior for proof of that.

Exactly my thoughts. My sources indicate they've barely gotten an operations team together at this point. Creative probably still has control of the ride

So are they or are they not ride cyclying, & about how long do they have to do that for before they can move on to testing it with people??

& no one seemed to know how long it takes to train a TM to work on the ride.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJCool and Cwoolboy
So are they or are they not ride cyclying, & about how long do they have to do that for before they can move on to testing it with people??

The ride is and has been cycling but the amount of programming it takes to get all the RV's on the track simultaneously is a huge part of the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice sets of pics thanks for sharing!

I believe they are ride cycling right now, but it's Universal Creative that is probably doing all the testing.

I'd imagine that it'd take a good 3-4 weeks to train but may be less due to the Spiderman ride having basically the same operating procedures.

Thanks for the pics, kylethejoker!! :thumbs:

BTW, the column situation, on the right side of the front, is still unsolved:

8532982522_c3f5d3f98e_b.jpg

(pic from kylethejoker)

Last edited:
I think Memorial day is still a possibility to be open at some capacity. It won't hard to train TMs with Spiderman next door, but the ride system is, of course, complex and they have the elevator. Still, I'll believe what Jack told me a while ago.

Got to meet Bumblebee today, which was really cool. You have to stand a bit a way from him and security is very tight, for good reason of course, but my friend had the back of his foot on the yellow line on the ground on accident and security rushed over to tell him to move his foot forward and inch. Still really cool to get the characters out there, not to mention they have a photo connect person out there and the annual pass deal for that is awesome.

These are quite possible the most exciting TF phot updates yet with the 1st ever peek INSIDE the building! I just had to blow these up for a closer look-

You can see part an Autobot logo on one of the walls!

T1_zps6165d2a2.png

& the Cybertron Hyroglyphics that's also in Hollywood!!!

T2_zpsddbcedd1.png

T3_zps5dcdee45.png

shards_zpsc4051460.jpg

& I'm confused about the ceiling not being finished. I cant even SEE the ceiling, & from what I see, it alll looks finished to me, or am I missing something? Either way, these pics are epic, thanks a ton Kyle, hope this door stays open for a while for the rest of us photographers!!!

Ok, I finally have a real time update on this and here are some key notes from the conversation.

- 3 vehicles on site currently
- Full cycling has not started and will not for a few more weeks. But they have taken vehicles through certain scenes and then brought them back to the station.
- Total ride cycling is scheduled to start in late March/ early April
- Queue is 75% complete
- 1st floor of ride is 90% complete
- 2nd floor of ride is 80% complete
- The removal of all fences around building are expected soon

Take it for what it's worth but it IMO it's good intel.

Reactions: Cwoolboy