Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 466 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I'm loving all the great reviews of the ride!! :happy:

Can't wait to ride it myselft. Unfortunately I'll be on vacation during the AP previews so I will not be able to attend those. We are thinking of going to the parks this Sunday and hope to get lucky with soft opening:shrug:

Hear no softs too. Op still on the ground

Yup, from @OrlandoInformer:

Optimus Prime figure soon to be installed #Transformers @UniversalORL (looks like he's on his back)
BLcJvi2CQAIDeJs.jpg:large

EDIT: Dang, The Dark Lord beat me to it :lol:

The one thing that makes me prefer Spidey over Transformers is the lack of physical sets and effects. I think screens can be the main focus, but this ride is almost solely that.

Listen just throwing this out there and it's not meant to say today is the day by any means. Softs are just to hard to predict. I do alright with other aspects of intel but softs change at a moments notice. With that being said, this from my article about a week and a half ago.

"The first several softs we begin in the afternoon and continue to park closing unless there is a problem. So if you hear about a soft starting and you live close you should be able to ride all the way up until park closing. Now, as for the Optimus figure, he is scheduled for installation after park hours May 27-30th. From what I’ve been told he is a static figure and will have glowing eyes and an independent light package separate from the warehouse system."

Nest TM still saying no way softs are today. He did say optimus should be up soon. Said he thought it'd be up today.

I just got word that someone who isn't a TM rode this yesterday. Still waiting for more details on how/why this occurred.
If someone who knew TM wanted to go and that TM didn't, they could easily use their ID (or maybe they snuck in?). All they ever check at these things is if you have an ID, they never actually look at them.

Last edited:
I would imagine that they won't want people near the ride as the lift a giant statue on top of it. Softs tomorrow I bet.

I'm going to go ahead and say it would make more sense to soft it when Optimus is all the way up and it's not pouring down rain here. That gives them enough time to get him all wired up and ready to roll out. An overflow will be set up after that maybe, and the ride will be all rip roaring ready to go. With Optimus just chilling like that in the middle of the street, it makes queuing opportunities very minimal, and as popular as the inquires to riding this ride seem, they need all the queuing they can get. I can't wait to roll out, and I'm very excited to finally be able to ride this without going to California, again.

Also, the Optimus work is going on after park close.

Last edited:
I believe they did open it up to third party (although I don't know how well they alerted them). 3rd party people all have IDs and access to the parks.