Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Ok I have news.... I had lunch with someone today... and I got permission to say this much.

What is going at SS44 is already at Singapore.

And it has already been discussed in this thread.

that is all I can say... again, I was told I could say that much... but let me just say it was the world's best lunch... I am psyched for this, HP 2.0 and this years HHN along with the new Hotel, and soooo much more!

Word is that people keep getting blown away by Comcast and how willing they are to say yes. I guess the financials on guest spending are coming back so positive from Despicable Me, Superstar Parade, Sponge Bob Store Pants, and Universal Cimenatic Spectacular, that Comcast feels like they have struck gold, and all they want to do is "mine for more" by building more stuff for people to spend their money on.

Two things -

I am super excited for Madagascar: A Crate Adventure :lol:

Second, as a Universal Employee, word on the ground even from regular Team Members like myself, is that Comcast is the best thing that has ever happened to the parks. Some people, including myself, were skeptical when they took over, but they've been treating all the employees great and actually taking care of our park, and we all love it.

To think, people were going crazy when Comcast came close to getting Disney. :lol:

Yeah. At lunch I got reminded how I was all doom and gloom when Comcast bought Universal, and how I thought they were going to destroy the parks. How wrong I was. I apologize to Comcast. You are doing amazing things, keep it up!

Wouldn't it have been awesome if Universal secretly stuck a TF "symbol" in one of the announcement pictures from today! Like a very small little thing that no one would catch :p

Lets just say this much, Madagascar is not coming

1) Too big
2) It has too many flaws
3) Kid zone

To think, people were going crazy when Comcast came close to getting Disney. :lol:

Two things -

I am super excited for Madagascar: A Crate Adventure :lol:

Second, as a Universal Employee, word on the ground even from regular Team Members like myself, is that Comcast is the best thing that has ever happened to the parks. Some people, including myself, were skeptical when they took over, but they've been treating all the employees great and actually taking care of our park, and we all love it.

Yeah. At lunch I got reminded how I was all doom and gloom when Comcast bought Universal, and how I thought they were going to destroy the parks. How wrong I was. I apologize to Comcast. You are doing amazing things, keep it up!

Yea. I don't want to say I told you so. But...:lol:

But in all seriousness, Steve Burke came to Universal from Comcast. He ran DLPR and was mad he never moved up in the Disney Parks and Resorts organization. Now he has his own playground to run.

:iagree: Comcast has made the parks so much better thank you Comcast for making Universal Studios even better than what they were!!!!:happy:

Hopefully he gets drunk with spending and accidently knocks over Rockit.... :look:

I got the whole Disney tradition though, but that's when they were at a really low point (with Eisner) so I welcomed anything that got some Disney's creative butts going.

Yea. I don't want to say I told you so. But...:lol:

But in all seriousness, Steve Burke came to Universal from Comcast. He ran DLPR and was mad he never moved up in the Disney Parks and Resorts organization. Now he has his own playground to run.

I'm happy you get to say you told us so! Even if I'm new and wasn't around when you did :lol: .

I met Bill Davis once, he came up to me and I recognized his Debit Card as being UOR branded; I asked him what was going on and he let me know that the executives are going through the parks not as executives or secret shoppers, but as guests. They're going incognito not as a big ol "GOTCHA" to employees but as a way to see what guests go through from parking in the garage, to buying the tickets, to going through the turnstiles.

When I found this out, I was absolutely floored that the people running the resort are actually getting their hands dirty to see what it's like to visit it and spend a day there. I'm incredibly proud to work for this company, and I will safely say I drink the kool-aid :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: hildyp0824
Im not bashing Disney in anyway but I really want to go to Universal more than Disney theres just so much new things to do at Universal in the next 3 years the things Disney is adding just isn't that exciting to me....

Seriously am so happy and excited about Comcast. Thank you for legitimately caring about your parks, guests, AND employees. Keep it coming!!! Definitely excited to see TF in this spot

Knew this was going to come up. A lot changes in 7 years, including Comcast management. The Disney buy out was for ESPN, plain and simple. They were letting things leak about selling off units, including the parks. Now Comcast has changed and grown (including getting their own sports network) and now it makes sense for them to invest money into an undervalued property, similar to Eisner's late 80s/early 90s WDW push.

I don't think we would have seen the same game plan with Disney Parks if Comcast would have bought Disney.

Reactions: jtsalien
No thanks. The first drop is one of the best in the ride. If you're gonna tear it down, there's no point in fixing it. Replace it.

Agreed. Either take the time to fix it, or rip it out.

But back on topic...in 2 and 1/2 years, UOR will have Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, Cat in the Hat, Transformers, MIB, Gringotts, Mummy, ET, and possibly another dark ride/dark ride hybrid in IoA. That is an INSANE lineup of dark rides.

Any idea what this pillar could be?

fe85fb29.jpg

Friend just took the pic in the park.

Can't tell from the perspective... but it just looks like its a 4x4 post. Could be for the temorary power to be mounted to.