Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
At what point in the Hollywood ride is the car physically lifted? I can't tell on any of the videos.

A lot of people who have been on the ride have said that they didn't even notice the elevators going up or down. As Teebin said, they are not part of the show.

I believe Kingeric said this before and I agree, if it is Transformers, I bet Monsters will be re-themed into either a gift store/cafe or the entrance/cafe where we can sip on some energon!

After thinking about this I really hope they have the entrance of this facing Rockit instead of the Lagoon it would make it much easier for the GP to find it lol And if wouldnt congest that area as much

After thinking about this I really hope they have the entrance of this facing Rockit instead of the Lagoon it would make it much easier for the GP to find it lol And if wouldnt congest that area as much

But that scenario would only clog up the main drag in Production Central even more than it already is. Diverting crowds to the waterfront is the smart thing to do, IMO.

But that scenario would only clog up the main drag in Production Central even more than it already is. Diverting crowds to the waterfront is the smart thing to do, IMO.

While this makes overall sense from a gues flow perspective, I am sure UO has been tracking flow and they are gong to create as many distractions on the way to Wizarding Word 2.0. And my guess on how a vast majority of people will get there is down the main drag then turn right into new York and straight through SF and into wwohp 2.0

So with that in mind you would want the entrance for the attraction to be right there soaking in crowds.

that ride video definitely reminded me of Spiderman, but I suppose since it's not technically in the same park it's not a big deal. If it was being put in IOA it would feel too similar of an experience to me. I actually like the idea of a Universal Monsters ride better, mostly because I think it would work well with HHN, and could be a really cool ride if done right.

I would love a campy monsters dark ride where you follow Abbot and Costello through the streets of NYC hunting Franky, The Mummy, Dracula, The Wolfman, and The Creature from the Black Lagoon who is found swimming in the Hudson.

I think the entrance will either be on the New York side or the Lagoon side. Let's be honest, people are going to search for this ride when they get into the park. They won't have a problem finding it.

Funny how, in this picture, it doesn't appear that any construction is going on. Cinematic, Rip, and Doom and just a new yellow ride.

IMG_2233.jpg

This thread and my anxiety... I'm just going to wait for official confirmation. See you in 2013.

Correct, both are from a recently opened attraction on the west coast.

I was looking at the sketch again and noticed something of interest. It appears that there is a wavy line near the top of the counterweight. This would usually indicate liquid level. So, and I know this is a stretch. If the counterweight uses liquid to balance the weight of the RV and the weight of the RV changes with occupancy. It is possible that the RV is weighed at the loading station and the volume of liquid is adjusted to properly counter balance said RV. This would greatly cut down on the amount of force needed to lift/lower the RV. And as an added bonus the vertical movement would be smoother than without a dynamic system.

You are over thinking this. I don't think the counterweight would have to actually change it's weight. Just look at a normal elevator. I think it's smart if the counterweight was able to drain so that it may be installed/removed for maintenance reasons, hence why it's water instead of lead or whatever. Also, we see nothing in that drawing depicting the plumbing required to change the water level as suggested.