Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 512 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
From Today...

null_zpseee754f6.jpg

null_zps76b3ac74.jpg

null_zps4347a265.jpg

null_zpsabe9c034.jpg

null_zps447d4e5e.jpg

null_zpsb756c0c4.jpg

null_zpsdef4aa26.jpg

null_zpsbca871c5.jpg

null_zps43929a20.jpg

null_zpsb73083db.jpg

I'm thinking its a fence kinda thing, similar to the one surrounding the NEST building in the films. The antennas look like the start of Energon detectors. The red lights were on this afternoon.

^It looks like there is a retractable wall coming out of it in one of the pics?! What for I wonder...

The one that looks like the retractable gate is in the garage building on the other side of the street. It lines up with this arch.

The real question is does the retractable gate work? IE when they are doing meet and greets and have a line is it possible they will try and shove everyone through this one opening?

The one on the side of the ride building has that same semi-circle pedestal (on the side not pictured). I am starting to think that might be a place for guest to stand on for some sort of photo op?

My (quick) review

I got to ride today as soon as it opened (after the park opened). It definitely feels a lot faster than Spider Man, but I wish they had more real life props and more special effects. Spider Man had the explosions, fog, strobe lights, etc., while Transformers had some of that, it didn't give off as great of an effect as Spider Man. I will say the finale was better - while similar, it was better. I still like Spider Man the best just because it's Spider Man - it was fun and includes a well known superhero while Transformers was just a ton of fighting...if that makes any sense. Even with my concerns, it's my second favorite ride in the resort (behind Spider Man, of course).

^It looks like there is a retractable wall coming out of it in one of the pics?! What for I wonder...

It looks to me like they're going to use the gate to dead end that area on busy days for crowd control and flow to the newly opened ride. When it's busy they'll pull the gate out so people can't enter that way! Would look a lot better than temporary barricades with events TM's stationed to direct guest to go around the other way. The door framed area will be for TM access.

Neat-O.

But dang now Transformers is going to be represented in half of the park.
Transformers: The Ride is in New York
Transformers: M&G is in Production Central and
Transformers: Photo booth is in Hollywood.

:rofl:

My (quick) review

I got to ride today as soon as it opened (after the park opened). It definitely feels a lot faster than Spider Man, but I wish they had more real life props and more special effects. Spider Man had the explosions, fog, strobe lights, etc., while Transformers had some of that, it didn't give off as great of an effect as Spider Man. I will say the finale was better - while similar, it was better. I still like Spider Man the best just because it's Spider Man - it was fun and includes a well known superhero while Transformers was just a ton of fighting...if that makes any sense. Even with my concerns, it's my second favorite ride in the resort (behind Spider Man, of course).

This is mostly my take on the ride, that I have not ridden. I adore succinct as opposed to rambling gobbledygook. Great review.
:thumbs:

The one on the side of the ride building has that same semi-circle pedestal (on the side not pictured). I am starting to think that might be a place for guest to stand on for some sort of photo op?

Well, I was off base on those pedestals. They now have engron detectors on them.

The walls are down, there are switch backs in the street (that are in the way of that retractable wall) but they were not using that area this AM
Meet and greet was still on the other side of the street.

My daughter had us ride transformers four time today, so that is a good sign to me.

I should be home sat or sun, I'll add more and maybe some photos when I get home.

anybody notice how beaten up the queue line is getting already!!! Damn people scratching off crap!! Cant even see numbers what it is anymore.

Tell me about it. There was 1 thing in particular that I wanted to take a picture of, so I thaught I will get it next time I go. When I went back, it was gone, so at first I thaught someone ripped it off altogether. But than I saw a Youtube video of it all scratched up, so it mustve been TMs who removed it since it was damaged, what a shame. I guess the disadvantage of having it open during softs with people in the queue who cant move when it breaks down, it gives people plenty of time to steal or damage stuff.