Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 514 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
^ Is that a standard setup for stilt walkers at the parks? Looks like a pricey setup. On the other hand, the costumes are probably the most expensive of all the Florida parks.

I've seen really simple setups for stilt walkers before. Like, sitting on the edge of a semi-truck's unloading platform (the ramps behind your local Walmarts/Supermarkets) and getting in and out of costume there. But I highly, highly doubt that is standard procedure for a stilt walker needing to get into costume. Like you said, it probably has something to do with the costumes themselves $$$

Universal has the best construction crew in all of Florida. I remember a little over a year ago sitting outside SS44 and visualizing how they could put a ride in such a small area. The speed and detail with which Uni put this together is incredible.

Universal has the best construction crew in all of Florida. I remember a little over a year ago sitting outside SS44 and visualizing how they could put a ride in such a small area. The speed and detail with which Uni put this together is incredible.

Yeah but really anyone can hire the GC and subs that worked on this and pay them to work 24-7 like Universal did.

^ yeah, I would quicker call this the most expensive project per the normal cost if they had taken the normal course of 18-24 months. The bonuses and penalties in the contracts must have been legendary...

^ yeah, I would quicker call this the most expensive project per the normal cost if they had taken the normal course of 18-24 months. The bonuses and penalties in the contracts must have been legendary...

BIg risk for an even bigger reward. Ill tell you what, I would have hated to be one of the suppliers on this job, god forbid something was ordered wrong or having to wait on something in a bind. Nothing like being on the other end of the phone with a pissed of contractor waiting on some thing and under the gun.

Finally rode. Loved the ride. I probably would have been more blown away if I hadn't ridden Spiderman first, but the technology is significantly better on Transformers. Caught the first elevator by accident. Looked to my left and saw that we were going up. Had no idea we were returning to the ground floor whenever we did. The transitions are seamless, much like Potter. I loved this ride. I think Spiderman might edge it our for me just by a little because of how much I enjoy story driven, but I did like the other take on it and being literally thrust into the action immediately.

The indoor queue on this thing has to be tiny though. 25 minutes at most. When I left the park (around 6:45), it had a 30 minute wait and was using it's first outside switchback. They had the full extended queue built though. So they're preparing.

I reported Express would open with the ride months ago along with an express lane for Kodos and Kang. Lets hope I didn't get it wrong :look:

It seems they were atleast getting mild prep in by using GAC's and some sort of TM location based express (saw some Mel's TMs go through express in Uniform but with ID's and nametags off).

From UNews -

Teams across our resort are getting prepared to celebrate the Grand Opening of TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D this Thursday, June 20. As part of the Grand Opening event, please be advised that there will be pyrotechnic and air activity at Universal Studios Florida that may cause loud and sudden noises in the area. This activity may take place this week any time before Grand Opening. In addition, celebrities will be on hand to help us celebrate the grand opening moment. If you notice a celebrity, please remember that soliciting photos and autographs is unprofessional conduct and will lead to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment. Be sure to check our next issue of Universal News for full coverage of the Grand Opening!

Went to UOR on Thursday and Friday (I'll try and post some photos when I get home today or tomorrow). On Friday, another gate popped up near that archway on the ride side, it's one with an arm that goes up or down, like what they have at a parking garage or a gated community....I would trust that the other building is certainly for photo-connect (as a few have stated), not that I know for certain, but we encountered some issues with them printing our transformers photos. The employee told us it was because they were moving the transformers to a new area, understand this is in their computer system, so files were not where they should have been when the employee tried to print the photo for us (like the link for the photo that was tied to our Star Card was not mapped properly.)