Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 515 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
A NEST employee did tell me they will open with Express on 6/20, so I assume that is the plan as HTF said a long time ago.

My take on the ride:

This is a great addition to the park. I can see we're this is a more modern Spiderman attraction that probably was never intended for Orlando, but I am glad they brought it here.

I understand there are more screens in Transformers, but I do not get the comments folks have made about sets. We ended up riding this 11 times over the course of two days, my 7 year old daughter loves the ride and wanted to ride more times than we did, so I think my take on the sets is because I rode so often.

To me, the issue is that you are so brought into the action on the screens that the details of the sets are easily missed. There are many things I would have missed had we not used the single rider queue a few times (my wife would go first, then my daughter, then me, we never expected to ride together and my daughter is the one that suggested we do single rider)...anyway, by being in the last seat, I could see things that I could not see from the first seat (set wise) and I think there are many sets that are incredibly detailed. I love a lot of the broken columns of concrete, the catwalk that is there for a reason...no space was wasted in my opinion (unlike Spidey where you spin in that tunnel as you move from one scene to another). Megatron is incredibly detailed as well as the yellow beetle.

The ride vehicles movements are very appropriate to the scene, the video is just so sharp and detailed. I am extremely impressed at how much movement is perceived due to the video (forward speed as an example). The engineers really did a great job in designing this ride, I feel they might have looked at Spidey and figured, what can we improve with this system, and they pulled it off. To me, this ride is a very impressive people eater that is efficiently run. I have no idea how many duplicate rooms there are ( for example I know there are two lifts for one time we took a different path then the other times I rode...one lift to the right, one to the left) but there are some back to back scenes that felt like we saw four scenes in one room...it is like you are in one screen, the vehicle spins to the screen behind you, spins back to the first screen, then spins to the back one before moving on, but I could be way off base, heck, it is so hard to tell when you are on the lift, as I stated before, the video really gives you the feel of movement moreso than the ride vehicle.

Anyway, I will always love spiderman, but in my opinion, Transformers is a much improved on, upgrade version of a great ride concept.

TMs were using Express during softs and I also noticed they were letting convention groups through express as well. :look: I am so looking forward to Thursday :happy: I'll be there super early..probably around 8:15am and will be wearing my new purple G1 Tf shirt. :lol:

Just peeked at pictures on another website. Why was there a guy dressed as Santa waiting in line for TF and why was he allowed to wander around the park in a full Santa suit? Anyone know what this was about?

Just peeked at pictures on another website. Why was there a guy dressed as Santa waiting in line for TF and why was he allowed to wander around the park in a full Santa suit? Anyone know what this was about?

Maybe he was a little early for Christmas in July??? :lol: I know one year they had a guy dressed like Santa in the park during the holidays in one of the New York buildings just like Miracle on 34th Street and of course the holiday parade.... Weird that a guy would just come dressed as Santa...

Canopy?
9049525635_09a2ffe4e4_h.jpg

Well, it was either add the canopy or expect a long line of complaints at guest services at the end of the day after opening (they've probably already been getting them).

Well, it was either add the canopy or expect a long line of complaints at guest services at the end of the day after opening (they've probably already been getting them).

Better to learn these things early on and address them early. The extended queue that goes out into the street has no hope, those people will be baking in the sun. At least the permanent extended queue will be covered.

What ever happened about renovating/tearing down the Monsters Cafe for a Transformers themed restaurant? was this idea scrapped or put on hold?