Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 516 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
thats one way to sto[ everyone from saying "thats the line in the sun" every time we look at the pictures of transformers. glad they are doing that. I dont think they would want all those people every day in the summer complaining about standing there in the sun for their new ride anyway so Im sure it will save a lot of trouble

Well I am back home. Here are a view things I captured:

I assume these have something to do with the grand opening:

Here were the switch backs in front of that retractable wall on Thurs:

Yesterday this new gate showed up:

and the door was open a little...different from the photos with the seats:

I'm slightly disappointed that I likely will not be able to make the grand opening ceremony due to some…professional interference, but (possibly) moving up in the world is never a bad thing. I'll definitely be at the park later in the afternoon/evening to hopefully enjoy the rest of the Simpsons area. though.

Stay tuned! No one knows, including Universal Orlando Resort.

Not true, a very small window has been set.

I reported Express would open with the ride months ago along with an express lane for Kodos and Kang. Lets hope I didn't get it wrong :look:

Worst case from what I'm hearing they might hold off a few days, but only a few.

I wouldn't worry about getting that wrong, as its an operational decision that is likely based entirely upon the ride crew and how they're handling things. I'm sure the expectation was to have it running from the 20th, but if they need to give the crew additional time to get up to speed, they can do that pretty easily. I would also not be surprised to see them do "surprise" Express usage for brief periods the few days leading up to the 20th to really test the crew on that.

K&K is a different story, though (not sure they can complete it and get the necessary cycles by the 20th).

:thumbs:

From @WilbertGQ

"Seems like a roof is being built for the Transformers extended queue."

iMWL4OblwOH8d.jpg

"No Energon here... :("

ibjSJqw4JJssj8.jpg

"Megatron at the new Transformers meet and greet area!"

i9yb9PCdBPpFI.jpg

We couldn't figure out what the gate was for either.

The express might possibly be blacked out now because there is a TM preview through today, using the express line. I guess if the sign was showing, it would confuse guests.

I mentioned a couple pages back that they were building a canopy over the extended outdoor queue.

I'm surprised this sites layout isn't themed to Transformers like it was for Antartica, or maybe that's still coming?

I mentioned a couple pages back that they were building a canopy over the extended outdoor queue.

I'm surprised this sites layout isn't themed to Transformers like it was for Antartica, or maybe that's still coming?

We had a Transformer overlay but I guess it was removed. I hope it's added back permanently. That and Haunted Mansion happened to be my favorite overlay.

^ And they won't be throwing that magnet out for a while. They are hoping and expecting that everything will work out just fine... but if they get a 3-4 hour queue day after day, who knows how long it will remain uncovered when and if it gets uncovered.

BTW, is there any great big thing in Citywalk promoting this new Transformers ride? Way back when Mummy opened, there was a giant 20' Egyptian Anubus standing just beyond where the coke thingy is now. It was quite deluxe.

Last edited:
Forget about running Express smoothly, how about the ride itself? Can anyone confirm if they have been having less & less ride down times? I hope so, & if not, they only have four days left to iron everything out, as having a "brief delay" that lasts an hour, wont be good for the grand opening.

I heard that they sometimes would shut it down on purpose to test safety procedures with people in line and on the ride during the softs.

Can anybody confirm this?