Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a damn shame of what's become of this attraction. I like the idea of incorporating it someway into JPRA, but letting it sit there to rust is moronic. If relocation is out of the question, then put Trikes out of it's misery and re purpose that area for something else. Don't know if that area is big enough for a major new attraction?

Trike encounter or not, I always liked walking through that area, since it adds to the JP island feel with all of the computers and field stations and stuff.

They could easily turn it into a photo-op place with random dinosaurs, like they did with a few of the other dinos.

As for putting the trikes into the JPRA, I'm guessing two things. First, I'm guessing they're probably MUCH more expensive to operate than the normal ones, and second, I bet they're not weather resistant in the same way the ones on JPRA are. I could be wrong, but thats my guess.

Trike encounter or not, I always liked walking through that area, since it adds to the JP island feel with all of the computers and field stations and stuff.

They could easily turn it into a photo-op place with random dinosaurs, like they did with a few of the other dinos.

As for putting the trikes into the JPRA, I'm guessing two things. First, I'm guessing they're probably MUCH more expensive to operate than the normal ones, and second, I bet they're not weather resistant in the same way the ones on JPRA are. I could be wrong, but thats my guess.

Oh. :/ A shame then. I really would like Trikes to get something in JP.

UPDATE:

We at Parkscope received an anonymous tip last night that Triceratops Encounter and the JP Discovery Trail will begin to be demo'ed in the next few days in a last minute decision. Apparently there were plans to reopen the attraction for Christmas as recent as a few weeks ago, but they were scrapped. Yesterday saw the beginning of clearing out the paddocks and taking an inventory on the remaining parts, and skinned one of the trikes that still had its skin. The source doesn't say what it's for other than cost and future development, but we all know the rumors that were flying around before.

Reactions: Cwoolboy and BJCool
UPDATE:

We at Parkscope received an anonymous tip last night that Triceratops Encounter and the JP Discovery Trail will begin to be demo'ed in the next few days in a last minute decision. Apparently there were plans to reopen the attraction for Christmas as recent as a few weeks ago, but they were scrapped. Yesterday saw the beginning of clearing out the paddocks and taking an inventory on the remaining parts, and skinned one of the trikes that still had its skin. The source doesn't say what it's for other than cost and future development, but we all know the rumors that were flying around before.

Very interesting tidbit, thank you for sharing...

Interesting! Thanks for sharing!!

I would have liked to see this open back up, but I'm all for a new attraction in the area.

I forgot about that family coaster rumor. Wasn't there concept art and everything for that? Or am I thinking of that JP woodie?