Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If I had to guess, they had to have it open/operating at least one day in 2013 because of some tax loophole that they are trying to jump through when they close it. Something about closing an operating attraction for replacement. I believe that it has to do with a tax break for improving the parks.

If I had to guess, they had to have it open/operating at least one day in 2013 because of some tax loophole that they are trying to jump through when they close it. Something about closing an operating attraction for replacement. I believe that it has to do with a tax break for improving the parks.

That's a logical explanation. An illogical one is that people in JP gets bored when the park is dead and they decide to resurrect the attraction for fun.

Generally it seems to be only open for a few hours in the middle of a one-off day. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. It might just be a staffing thing.

i recall reading they were sending people down the que to get return times for WWoHP.
could it just have been this and it was not open ?

I can confirm they were using it for Potter return times. None of the trikes are currently show ready.

Jurassic Park 4 has been officially announced for June 2014. Is Universal planning on having a new attraction open by that date as well?