Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, White Lightening is the GCI coming to Fun Spot. 7DMT is a custom Vekoma Mine Train. I have wanted a Eurofighter in Otown forever. But I really don't think that that would fulfill the intended purpose of more options for the little ones.

Last edited:
I don't think a pure woodie is a good choice, they just become so rough down here after a few years, it wouldn't be much fun any more.
A new ride is most welcome, as long as adults can ride it as well.

1. Yes
2. Vekoma steel

Appreciated! and Disneyhead that would be the restriction....just doesn't suit little kids well...somebody mentioned they didn't really want a coaster but a dark ride....I think that would be cool and all but jrpa kind of stole the majority of the cool storylines that would make a dark ride in this area a little difficult imo

Please, no woodies! :pray:

Wooden coasters could survive in Florida with proper maintenance... and the right length... if it shut down at right time of the year and gets parts of the attraction re-tracked it would not be rough... Then there is another option of a hybrid coaster where there is either a steel topper on the wood track or steel I-beams for track.... Texas Giant anyone?

I would love a steel coaster. I'll be going to Fun Spot for the first time next year specifically because they are adding a wooden coaster. I know they are hard to maintain (in Florida especially), but there is a severe lack of "woodies" around the area. Closest one is Gwazi and besides that there's really nothing unless you want to go down to Miami.

And it's because of Gwazi you won't see many wooden coasters in Florida for years to come.

And it's because of Gwazi you won't see many wooden coasters in Florida for years to come.
Gwazi is a beast though and offers two different experiences. A smaller scale wooden coaster would be easier to maintain, although I can understand the hesitation or lack of enthusiasm on getting a project involving one started.

I have heard that GCI/Fun Spot are going to go the Ghostrider route (almost twice as much wood as they would normally use) because of GCI's previous experience in FL. Ghostrider is that way because of the strict earthquack regulations. Here in FL it is a humidity issue.

There's also a wooden coaster at a Boomers somewhere lol. I remember going on it when I was young, but I have no idea where that Boomers is.

Owner's fault for shutting it down, bunch of idiots. Damn shame too, since it ran so well. One of the best wooden coasters I've been on.

I second that! Was a great coaster, did run a little rough there towards the end though. Sucks its going to end up used for scrap :embarassed: If Uni does decide to go with a wooden coaster I hope they use something like the I-Box/steel topper track Rocky Mountain Construction has being installing lately.

I second that! Was a great coaster, did run a little rough there towards the end though. Sucks its going to end up used for scrap :embarassed: If Uni does decide to go with a wooden coaster I hope they use something like the I-Box/steel topper track Rocky Mountain Construction has being installing lately.

Or Intamin prefab!