Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not possible. If Transformers wraps up in May/June. There's no way they clear, build a coaster and mine, test, etc before the end of that same year. They're good, but not that good.

IMO this would be a summer 2016 expansion.

Transformers build schedule is that way so as that they plug the opening in before the other massive project at USF. There is no need for a 24/7/364 schedule for this addition.

And I don't know what it means, but I am hearing that UC's new mantra is "Go Big, Or Go Home!"

As i said, I know its not happening BUT that coaster by the end of this year had they wanted to or needed it built it would be pretty close to being done.

Very interesting...

If it were my decision, I would totally go ahead with the Jurassic Park ride. The area always seems "dead" with a major lack in rides. I mean I never even enter Camp Jurassic and the only thing left is River Adventure. Besides what I'm interested in, JP just has a lack of rides in general. It needs a little refresh! JP is also connected to the WWoHP, might make more of an impression on new guests coming from London on the Hogwarts Express and leaving the WWoHP into JP if there was something a little extra.

I really hope this isn't a family coaster. I know the park might need some more family rides but I just feel like we have enough coasters in the parks. I'm sure many will disagree with me but I would just love to see some kind of new, thrilling dark ride! Maybe something along the lines of the new ride system thats going into Antarctica. It would be awesome to ride through some kind of dark jungle scene, etc.

IOA is in need of a coaster for everyone. Hippogriff isn't intense for most (only little kids), and Hulk and Dragon Challenge are too intense for some. This JP coaster is going to be great since everyone can ride it and enjoy it (save for the height requirement). Tis will also be an advantage for me since I'm too chicken to ride Hulk and DC :p

Last edited:
IOA is in need of a coaster for everyone. Hippogriff isn't intense for most (only little kids), and Hulk and Dragon Challenge are too intense for some. This JP coaster is going to be great since everyone can ride it and enjoy it (save for the height requirement).

Do you know that for a fact? We don't even know what kind of a coaster it will be, or if it will even be one at all!

I guess I just enjoy more elaborate rides at these parks. I think if we needed a "perfect family coaster" that could satisfy all the ages, it should go into Seuss where there isn't anything very thrilling and its further away from all the other coasters.

40" and wooden would be a Junior PTC, I believe...not exactly adult friendly (a friend and I, both rather skinny, could barely fit in the car)! I'd have to ask a few friends that have better knowledge/connections regarding PTC products and their safety requirements, but I'm pretty sure the "regular" PTC cars carry either a 42 or 48 inch restriction. For Wooden Warrior it looks like anyone between 42-54" can be accompanied by an adult, but no clue what the Timberliner minimum restrictions are, since only two coasters use them so far.

So if it would carry a 36" restriction, that would seem to bump out a true wooden coaster. The next closest thing would be a steel coaster on wooden supports (think Gemini at Cedar Point).

I don't believe that a "Woodie" is what we would get. And if they do go with a woodie, I don't believe that it wouldn't be PTC, but GCI. I actually saw the GCI guys being toured around the park last year. But I think that a steel mine cart coaster is what we are looking at. Possibly a Mack.

I'm getting thoughts of something like Mystery Mine at Dollywood..oh please Universal gods :pray:
Really at this point, UC has explored so many options for this attractions it is impossible to know what direction they are going to go with it. I do know that they have looked at a "family friendly" 36" height restriction system and a small footprint GCI woodie. But with 7DMT and White Lightening both coming to Orlando next year they may go in an ENTIRELY different direction from either.

I do know that they are really interested in getting more options in the 36" range into IOA. And that age group just LOVES Dinos.

And that age group just LOVES Dinos.

Which one? This one:

Barney.jpg

Or this one?:

T-rex-jurassic-park-1-.jpg

Because Universal has both :lol:

I don't know what it is with kids and dinos but they sure do love them. We put on Jurassic Park to see if our 2-1/2 year would be scared and she loved it and would roar everytime she saw one on screen.

am I correct to assume that white lightning is the woodie coming to fun spot? and the 7dmt is what kind of coaster? I would love to see a eurofighter come to uni, it's compact and could fit to themeing but the only problem would be the severity of the drop