Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know for sure that landscaping has continued work on the paths of TE while it has been shut down? Some of you might not realize how monstrous the plants they have here are. They are from all over the world and will break concrete in a half season if they are not controlled. I know, cause I have 90 percent of them on my property. The monsters are "creeping fig, lady palm, clustering bamboo and macho fern and most difficult of all the senegal date palm" all beautiful plants... but very destructive and even dangerous if left unattended.

I would assume they have if they seem to be that much of a threat. If they even had the remotest plan on bringing it back or replacing it then they I think it's safe to assume they still landscape it.

I'm sure the basic maintenance is performed in landscaping. With a few months notice they could easily have TE back up and running. And I really hope that they get it open before HP opens up.

I'm sure the basic maintenance is performed in landscaping. With a few months notice they could easily have TE back up and running. And I really hope that they get it open before HP opens up.

I was there on 12/28 and was able to see contruction crews performing some sort of landscaping work inside, and also noticed that the entrance area is spot clean with only a trash can blocking it instead of the tree planters. If you look through the trees around it you can see that the pathways are ready for visitors, so just keep your fingers crossed. Also has anyone every seen JP employees with baby triceratops in camp jurassic before? They were actually moving triceritop AAs and a large crowd had accumulated around them.

Last edited:
I was there on 12/28 and was able to see contruction crews performing some sort of landscaping work inside, and also noticed that the entrance area is spot clean with only a trash can blocking it instead of the tree planters. If you look through the trees around it you can see that the pathways are ready for visitors, so just keep your fingers crossed. Also has anyone every seen JP employees with baby triceratops in camp jurassic before? They were actually moving triceritop AAs and a large crowd had accumulated around them.

If they are moving things like that and you see work going on back there, TE is most likely coming back (and probletly beter than the orginal). More dinos anyone?

This does sound very encouraging! I have seen the team members with the trike puppets before though.

I never saw this when it was opened. :( I do hope the returns so I can actually experience it.

It seems to me the more I spend time here, the more I realize how little I knew of Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios. Man have I been missing out on a lot...

samuele got some photos showing the triceratops refurb; i'm pretty stoked to find out if/when it's going to re-open. And they still take the baby trikes around for people to pet.

From Screamscape:

Park News - (1/20/10) Despite having three others write in to agree that it was unlikely that Universal would ever revive the old Triceratops Encounter attraction, I’ve also heard from a good source who says that is indeed what Universal is up to. If for no other reason, they want to be able to add some kind of attraction with a possible high capacity next to the Potter-verse to help control overflow traffic when the line for that ride hits 3-4 hours long... which it will on peak summer days.

looks like its all but confirmed. Could be a good Idea I saw this when I was like 6, I don't remember much and Its good to see JP getting a bit of attention even if it is just for potter crowds.

i also would like to point out that the new (as of 1-18) park maps show a question mark over the triceratops encounter, and unfortunately i do not have a photo to prove this. anybody have scans of the new park maps? they also show the island skipper tour boats moving through the lagoon.

Here it is. This is the map from Monday the 18th. The yellow cirles show where the Skipper boats are. Blue is the question mark over Trike, which, according to the map key, is Guest Services. Green is the ad for WWoHP. And red is where a previous map had another Skipper boat, but it is no longer there.

ioamap.jpg

That is certainly a weird place for guest services. I hope more comes of it than just that or a sponsored booth. Maybe it is a goof in the map where it was autofilled or something. Certainly...interesting.

Have these poles for a rope queue always been sitting inside the Triceratops Encounter queue?

ioadhs049.jpg

And what is this bubble wrapped thing, and has it always been there?

cera002.jpg

And just for fun, here is one of the doors to the Triceratops paddock

cera001.jpg

Last edited:
Nope. At least not that I have ever known. they were reported there on a behind the thrills update last week. I am hoping this means something good and not just a space they chose to lean excess dragon queue poles at.

I have no idea what that thing/those things are in your second picture. Where were those taken from?

OK, if you are looking in the entrance, there is the large unit with the TV monitors in it, about 15 yards to the right there is the bubble wrapped thing.

Thanks. I know it can be kind of hard to explain that area. Sounds...well it is something that is for sure