Tron: Ares | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Tron: Ares

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After HM, Indy and now Wish not doing great numbers.....why?

I love Tron but this film wont make money, like if the Marvels isn't drawing people you think Tron will?

I love tron but....it's for just hardcore Disney fans. The last movies did fine, but besides park events the Tron TV show and games have not done well. I think Disney needs to make sure this film is the best sci fi film of the year....because without buss this film will just fail money wise

After HM, Indy and now Wish not doing great numbers.....why?

I love Tron but this film wont make money, like if the Marvels isn't drawing people you think Tron will?

I love tron but....it's for just hardcore Disney fans. The last movies did fine, but besides park events the Tron TV show and games have not done well. I think Disney needs to make sure this film is the best sci fi film of the year....because without buss this film will just fail money wise
It probably needs to be a Disney+ exclusive

Reactions: Jerroddragon
On top of the aforementioned, Jared Leto is also box office poison. He's widely mocked (if not outright disliked) for both his movies and music and casting him here screams, "We want this movie to fail."

His only saving grace will be if somehow his performance is good and fits the character instead of a quirky/weird rehash of his typical acting stereotypes.

I love tron legacy and I need a new soundtrack for driving my car.
I had enough of the Tron legacy soundtrack. I only care for the soundtrack for this lol

Reactions: tankart150
I would actually expect Thomas Bangalter to come back for this as he seems like/care about the attention and he's released solo tracks before and after.

If not, I see Henry Jackman doing this as his hybrid orchestral/electronic style feels like it fits. That or Tom Holkenborg.

If not, I see Henry Jackman doing this as his hybrid orchestral/electronic style feels like it fits.
I'd actually be really disappointed if this was the case, I find that his scores don't really resonate with me, but that's just my taste.

Bangalter would be a great get, I'd love to see that.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Pay Daft Punk whatever money they ask for to come back, even if they prefer to be credited as their real names instead of as the group.

I think asking someone new to attempt to imitate the TRON: LEGACY sound would be a mistake. So I guess if Daft Punk won't come back, I'd go in an entirely different direction with the score.

Pay Daft Punk whatever money they ask for to come back, even if they prefer to be credited as their real names instead of as the group.

I think asking someone new to attempt to imitate the TRON: LEGACY sound would be a mistake. So I guess if Daft Punk won't come back, I'd go in an entirely different direction with the score.
I’d pay tribute to the Daft Punk score but would never try to imitate. If Disney hires someone to do that it’s a score that is DOA. The Tron: Legacy score is an iconic film soundtrack.

With daft punk retired I wonder who they're going to get?

I would actually expect Thomas Bangalter to come back for this as he seems like/care about the attention and he's released solo tracks before and after.

If not, I see Henry Jackman doing this as his hybrid orchestral/electronic style feels like it fits. That or Tom Holkenborg.

maybe some synthwave artist like carpenter brut or the guy that did the score for THE GUEST

there's a few retro synth artists that have done soundtracks before.

maybe some synthwave artist like carpenter brut or the guy that did the score for THE GUEST

there's a few retro synth artists that have done soundtracks before.
That’s why I suggested M83. They’re a good Synthwave band that did a lot of work on Oblivion. Even then, I feel like it’d just feel like a cheap knockoff.

Reactions: belloq87
While it looks badass.....wondering if they really will just give us Tron 3 looking the same as the last film

Like Tron one looks completely different from the second film suit wise

While it looks badass.....wondering if they really will just give us Tron 3 looking the same as the last film

I mean, those were 28 years apart with the original film being in 1982. I hope they keep the same aesthetic.

I mean, those were 28 years apart with the original film being in 1982. I hope they keep the same aesthetic.
Sure but tech has changed as well....it's been 14 years thats not nothing

I love both Tron looks so just wouldn't mind seeing the next evolution

Consistency is key. As Nick said, there are nearly 30 years between the first & second film. They look different because of technology. Unlike the 1982 original, they were able to create actual suits that light-up instead of having to rely on tedious post production.

Everyone expects Tron 3 to "look" as sleek as Tron Legacy did. While technology has evolved, there is no need to fix what isn't broken

Consistency is key. As Nick said, there are nearly 30 years between the first & second film. They look different because of technology. Unlike the 1982 original, they were able to create actual suits that light-up instead of having to rely on tedious post production.

Everyone expects Tron 3 to "look" as sleek as Tron Legacy did. While technology has evolved, there is no need to fix what isn't broken
Well Tron world moves at a different pace of time....so unless the films is weeks after the first film doesn't make much sense that they would be in the same grind

I hope its good, and hoping the film isn't just more Tron 2 because we tried that and while people like how it looked the film didn't work and Disney is not in the best place to be putting out a good film. If this isn't something people are talking about its another movie wasted

My general opinion on the aesthetic is that while technology has advanced between each of the film's, the aesthetic of technology, and our idealized representation of a technological future, has not changed as much between 2010 and 2025 as it did between 1982 and 2010. Most tech still adheres to a Jony Ive design philosophy imo.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick