Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TRON Lightcycle Run

The speedway>Tron redo is still part of the project. Just the announcement was pulled. There was a big internal debate about how much, if any, of Tron would be announced. They went half way holding back the Speedway redo announcement until a later date. I had heard that they were holding back some announcements and that is why I gave warning that not everything we knew about would be announced. Seems like "TronWay" and Brazil were two of those.

And yes, more futuristic electric cars. And I was led to believe that it will be partially covered with a part of the glass canopy. Not really to functionally cover the speedway. But to give a layered integration visually. The concept art, as of yet, doesn't show that.
That sounds great, love the idea of integration of the area to all fit a common theme.

As a West Coaster, I'm pretty jealous you guys are getting it. I really hope they'll consider this for DL if/when they finally decide to fix TL. But for now, congrats for finally getting an awesome coaster. Too bad you have to wait a long time for it.

WDW is not lookin too shabby for its collection of coasters. Space Mt, RnR, Everest, GotG, Tron, Seven Dwarfs...I hate that you all have great coasters at your Disney. :p

As a West Coaster, I'm pretty jealous you guys are getting it. I really hope they'll consider this for DL if/when they finally decide to fix TL. But for now, congrats for finally getting an awesome coaster. Too bad you have to wait a long time for it.

WDW is not lookin too shabby for its collection of coasters. Space Mt, RnR, Everest, GotG, Tron, Seven Dwarfs...I hate that you all have great coasters at your Disney. :p

Well you have Indy and we have Dinosaur so lol...

In my opinion I would only want Tron to come to the west coast if it was part of a bigger TL overhaul. I may be in the minority here but I think the sleek, 21st century, uber sci-fi structure of Tron looks completely ridiculous sitting next to the 40 year old Space Mountain structure. It's gonna be fun though.

One thing I think that hasn't been mentioned that Tron will do (along with a high-quality, high capacity theatrical production) is finally get the wait times down over at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Hopefully.

It will help, but I'm sure the Tron ride will have a bigger height requirement.

In my opinion I would only want Tron to come to the west coast if it was part of a bigger TL overhaul. I may be in the minority here but I think the sleek, 21st century, uber sci-fi structure of Tron looks completely ridiculous sitting next to the 40 year old Space Mountain structure. It's gonna be fun though.
Tron takes up way to much real estate for the west coast. It would limit other investment.

It will help, but I'm sure the Tron ride will have a bigger height requirement.
Oh definitely... SDMT is 38" and Tron is 48". The restraint system for the ride will also make it so "bigger" guests won't be able to ride, similar to Flight of Passage. So they are aimed at different audiences, but the coaster and a stage show (both new builds) should definitely help a bit i'd think.

Phew, I guess we are in for the long haul in this thread. It's funny going back to other initial annoucements about rides. The speculation and excitement. I'll be lurking in this thread for the next 4 years. See you guys then!

Oh definitely... SDMT is 38" and Tron is 48". The restraint system for the ride will also make it so "bigger" guests won't be able to ride, similar to Flight of Passage. So they are aimed at different audiences, but the coaster and a stage show (both new builds) should definitely help a bit i'd think.
The last car on the Tron coaster has regular sit down seats for mobility impaired and size constrained individuals.
ClMH4ZnUkAECLKf.jpg

Other than theming, is there any reason for this not to go into Epcot or GOTG not to go into the what seems to be "Sci-Fi" ish land at Magic Kingdom (Never really been too sure)? Or will this actually make sense and I'm thinking about it too hard? I don't know much about the Tron ride but the movie was one of my favorites. Just seems out of place to me but probabaly over thinking it.

I think in terms of IPs in Tomorrowland, Tron actually fits the best. It's about a new frontier that opens up to the world because of futuristic advances to technology. Meanwhile, TL boasts Stitch, Buzz Lightyear, and Monsters Inc (?).

BUT, Tron feels slightly out of place because it's aesthetic is much more EPCOT than MK, in my opinion. I think it'll look fine next to Space Mountain, but compared to the rest of the land? Clashy McClasherson. Which is (one of several reasons) why everyone is hoping for a TL face lift to accompany this attraction.

I'd personally love for it to return to that stark white geometric "retro space age". As far as futuristic aesthetics go, its the most timeless you'll ever get.

Thank you both. Your replies prompt a similar question re Tron - can we tell from press release images, if this is a direct copy of the awesome looking Shaghai Tron ride ie height / length?