TWDC Investor Day (12.10.20) | Inside Universal Forums

TWDC Investor Day (12.10.20)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Decided to separate Disney+ and any other thread with this, as this will be the first time that The Walt Disney Company is going to have an investor day, under the reorganized format that they are transitioning towards. And with that, Investor Day leads towards the subject of what Disney has to share on their plans. Not just for content, but how they'll handle things going forward.

Deadline is reporting that Disney will be announcing new content for both Disney+ and their theatrical slate; including content from Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Marvel Studios. Disney has been rumored for a few months to be shifting to have an 18+ outlet for Disney+, and that has been further helped by Collider's recent rumor on the merging of Disney+ and Hulu into one seamless service. To speak about predictions, what do you expect to see on Thursday? Do you think there'll be more of a focus on the numbers? Or rather, to see TWDC going forward with new creative decisions; caused by the ripple effects of the recent actions of WarnerMedia?

I'll take a shot and give a guess as to one of the things they may announce. I think (and have some reason to believe) that Disney may have forged a Deal with Sony for Spider-Man (on Disney+), including Spider-Man related live-action shows.

Last edited:
I'll take a shot and give a guess as to one of the things they may announce. I think (and have some reason to believe) that Disney may have forged a Deal with Sony for Spider-Man, including Spider-Man related live-action shows.

I think that's probably a good bet.

A deal with Sony that allows the licensing of all the past and future Spider-Man films; to be released exclusively on Disney+ going forward, along with more creative collaboration between Sony and Marvel Studios on the seamless connections for Spider-Man.

Reactions: Nick
Star Wars Wise I think we will get an update on the Obi Wan/Rogue One Shows...I think Boba and Rebel Sequel shows also make sense. Maybe a High Order Show and maybe a title reveal of the next Star Wars film.
MCU wise: Think besides updates on movies and shows, we will get dates for Blade, She Hulk and maybe Moon Knight. I think Some other films will get announced no dates but Announced guardians 3, Maybe Nova, Captain Marvel 2 and something else maybe Antman 3 or someone new.

Parks wise is the hardest they will give updates on rides coming the next two years to the parks...Tron at MK...Spiderman at DCA and so on.....I have no clue if they will talk about the Avengers ride that was planned for Phase 2 of the DCA campus or not.

Honestly in my guesses..

Marvel Studios
  • Deadpool, and Blade will get a release date. Black Panther 2 will be delayed to 2023.
  • Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk castings and production starts confirmed.
  • Black Widow (just Black Widow) will be releasing on Disney+, alongside theaters.
  • Nick Fury is confirmed for a Disney+ show.
Lucasfilm
  • The Bad Batch, Boba Fett, Cassian Andor/K2, The Mandalorian 3, and Obi Wan get confirmations and release timelines.
  • Willow gets a release timelines for D+.
  • Update on Indy 5, reaffirmment of 2022 date.
  • No theatrical Star Wars news.
Pixar
  • All 2021 Pixar films will go hybrid model. This, alongside Black Widow and select WDS films, will go complete hybrid for D+.

You may of notice that I haven't spoken on 21CP. I think that if they don't get any form of a buyout of their current licensing deal with WarnerMedia, they'll..not speak as much. Especially with how it isn't exactly easy right now for them to get films out from 21CP under the current contract.

The only thing I want to see announced is Rian Johnson's Star Wars trilogy.

Otherwise? meh. I'm sure it'll all be the normal Disney fare.
I'm skeptical that that trilogy is still happening and I don't think we'll be seeing a new Star Wars movie for quite awhile.

I'm skeptical that that trilogy is still happening and I don't think we'll be seeing a new Star Wars movie for quite awhile.
Yea, I don’t think they’re happening and if they are they’re not happening soon. Just saying that’s the only potential Star Wars project I have any real excitement for

Yea, I don’t think they’re happening and if they are they’re not happening soon. Just saying that’s the only potential Star Wars project I have any real excitement for
Of the upcoming shows, yeah, none are expanding the Universe like I would like, more this filling out the timeline. The Mandalorian has my interest keenly right now, but am I interested in a Boba Fett spinoff? Not really. Although a Boba Fett Spin-off is better than Fett hijacking The Mandalorian from Din. I am interested in the Cassian Andor series as I liked the character in Rogue One, but I could do without it. I'm interested to see what the Obi-Wan show entails, but again, this is something I could do without.

Basically, i'll be satisfied by the SW content they are giving us just fine. I'm sure i'll enjoy it. However we need to get out of this small window of time. Let's skip 300 years ahead and explore the galaxy then and maybe check on what and older and wiser Grogu is up to. Give me all new characters, new, well thought-out story, etc.

Basically, i'll be satisfied by the SW content they are giving us just fine. I'm sure i'll enjoy it. However we need to get out of this small window of time. Let's skip 300 years ahead and explore the galaxy then and maybe check on what and older and wiser Grogu is up to. Give me all new characters, new, well thought-out story, etc.
Yea. I also might be interested in a High Republic series set far in the past, as long as Yoda isn't the main character

Reactions: Tristan and Nick
Yea. I also might be interested in a High Republic series set far in the past, as long as Yoda isn't the main character
I think this is likely, although i'm not sure if it will be live action. I've heard Filoni is heading a High Republic animated series for Disney+.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Eh. That's not as exciting but I'm sure it would be entertaining.
Well if we've learned anything from The Mandalorian, animated will likely cross over to live action eventually. A High republic animated series while Mando 3, Obi-Wan, Cassian, Boba Fett, Ahsoka Tano, (and supposedly even Mace Windu) all get their own series will give enough time for the animated series to build up that timeline and then jump into it in live-action after those shows are done.

They've already brought back so many dead characters (Maul, Palpatine, Boba Fett) that if they did it again with Mace Windu, I'd be incredibly frustrated. Helping Palpatine to kill him was (on paper, anyway; it's not executed particularly well in the film) the pivotal turning point for Anakin's fall to the Dark Side; undoing that (like they've already undone his killing of the Emperor) would be a giant mistake and further weaken Anakin's arc.

They've already brought back so many dead characters (Maul, Palpatine, Boba Fett) that if they did it again with Mace Windu, I'd be incredibly frustrated. Helping Palpatine to kill him was (on paper, anyway; it's not executed particularly well in the film) the pivotal turning point for Anakin's fall to the Dark Side; undoing that (like they've already undone his killing of the Emperor) would be a giant mistake and further weaken Anakin's arc.
A Mace Windu Series could be set during the high republic era or around the time of the Prequels. It could be whenever. Mace showing up in The Mandalorian is what i'm more worried about, though. I think it's very possible he anwsers Grogu's call.

Reactions: RevFreako
A Mace Windu Series could be set during the high republic era or around the time of the Prequels. It could be whenever. Mace showing up in The Mandalorian is what i'm more worried about, though. I think it's very possible he anwsers Grogu's call.
I think Mace Windu being alive would probably mark the end of me ever caring about anything happening in Star Wars ever again. lol

Pinocchio and Peter Pan & Wendy are both expected to be moving completely to Disney+, and Black Widow is staying completely on the theatrical docket.

Additionally, they're apparently going to share "major" news to Star Wars tomorrow as-well.

Pinocchio and Peter Pan & Wendy are both expected to be moving completely to Disney+, and Black Widow is staying completely on the theatrical docket.

Additionally, they're apparently going to share "major" news to Star Wars tomorrow as-well.
If it's major as in movie news, i'm calling it being about the Taika Waititi movies. Also, I expect Cruella and possibly Raya to go straight to Disney+

If it's major as in movie news, i'm calling it being about the Taika Waititi movies. Also, I expect Cruella and possibly Raya to go straight to Disney+

I would assume the priority for Taika right now is on Thor: God of Love and Thunder, and Wonka for Netflix.

Part of me...wonders if this is about Rian's. Like no crap, it's been quiet but not entirely dead. If it was dead, he would be talking a bit more about it recently as if it was dead. But in past interviews, it still seems very much alive. The only other project Rian has right now; is with the Knives Out sequel, and even then that's a more "immediate" response due to how well the original succeeded.

Reactions: Nick