Twister...Ride It Out | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Twister...Ride It Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm pretty sure the whole experience is the same from when it opened, although I have heard the twister may have been bigger and a lot cooler to watch. Twister is an older attraction and some effects don't work as great as they used too. But for running 365 days a year I don't really mind the occasional mishap.

Also, does anyone know why they started using water insted of ice chips as broken glass about half way through the show? Saftey? I heard about this in a video of a V.I.P. backstage tour.

I also forgot to mention that the movie theatre sign that flys away was not working. Not sure if its been fixed or not.

I think water would probably be easier to use than ice chips. I agree ice chips would be way cooler in simulating broken glass though.

I really don't understand all the hate this attraction gets, it's a nice little attraction for what it actually is. I would really like to see Steven Spielberg presents lights camera action take it's place, but twister isn't really anything offensively bad, it's just kinda mediocre but it's still cool for first time guests.

Shrek though...

I've taken a ton of friends to the parks over the past few years for their first visit, they always enjoy twister and we always skip shrek.

The attraction never used "Ice Chips" Ice can be as sharp as glass and they won't blast that at the guests.

I really don't understand all the hate this attraction gets, it's a nice little attraction for what it actually is. I would really like to see Steven Spielberg presents lights camera action take it's place, but twister isn't really anything offensively bad, it's just kinda mediocre but it's still cool for first time guests.

Shrek though...

I've taken a ton of friends to the parks over the past few years for their first visit, they always enjoy twister and we always skip shrek.

Twister is one of my favorite attractions. I love the music in the 1st pre-show room. I've seen videos of Lights, Camera, Action! and it does look pretty cool. Not sure how big of a building is required for it though. If we did get it, it would kind of just be more of the same though. It would be like USF getting Back Draft which was kind of like USH's Twister. Although Lights, Camera, Action! does look a lot better than Back Draft.

I don't mind Shrek either. I guess I don't mind any attraction at the resort. Except Disaster to some degree. The ride portion seemed better when it was Earthquake.

I feel like the main show is fine (besides the fact that it could use some new elements). I think the preshows should focus more on how weather effects are created for movies. It should be presented by Spielberg.

Those were really cool videos! I was lucky enough to visit the Twister control room last year and I took a video of it. The TM talks a bit about the safety button that the OP holds down and talks about the projected movie being "The People Under the Stairs." I'll try and post it this week if I have some time. I've never seen the Disaster control room though, that was pretty neat!

PS Yes the wires are also to prevent people from crossing over to the set.

Yeah it seems to be low on the priority list when it comes to replacements

All of this will get replaced:
Disaster
Beetlejuice
Fear Factor Live
Shrek
the entire KidZone apparently...
Animal Actors

Before they decide to touch Twister... so it'll be a while lol

With all the attention on climate change and severe weather, there could be some opportunities to improve this show and update the theme. Personally I find Twister in its current state to be wanting, but I like the concept. It just needs... something more... je ne sais quoi.

With all the attention on climate change and severe weather, there could be some opportunities to improve this show and update the theme. Personally I find Twister in its current state to be wanting, but I like the concept. It just needs... something more... je ne sais quoi.

I agree. They could possibly even go an "EPCOT" route with this. (Entertaining and learn some things about severe weather). Though, repackaging this attraction in a new way still might not last it that long. Look at Disaster..

Those were really cool videos! I was lucky enough to visit the Twister control room last year and I took a video of it. The TM talks a bit about the safety button that the OP holds down and talks about the projected movie being "The People Under the Stairs." I'll try and post it this week if I have some time. I've never seen the Disaster control room though, that was pretty neat!

PS Yes the wires are also to prevent people from crossing over to the set.

Thanks. The backstage videos are awesome, still wish I could see it in person though. I would love to see the video you have. Any information about the rides is always awesome. I always wondered what movie that was at the drive-in.

Well, Shrek could be getting replaced because it's yet ANOTHER 3D show and let's face it, the footage is not exclusive to Universal. I have the 3D footage on DVD as a Shrek bonus feature.

Twister, while not amazing, is an attraction you can only experience at Universal Orlando and it's a nice utilization of the space.

Well, Shrek could be getting replaced because it's yet ANOTHER 3D show and let's face it, the footage is not exclusive to Universal. I have the 3D footage on DVD as a Shrek bonus feature.

Twister, while not amazing, is an attraction you can only experience at Universal Orlando and it's a nice utilization of the space.

Yeah I definitely think Shrek has a target on its back once the new KidZone opens... Twister less so because there really isn't much you can do with that space

Theres a lot you can do with the Twister Space. The show scene is huge, plus the other two rooms? Theres a bit of room to expand backstage as well as a lot of open space below the Rockit Treble Cleff. I love how Twister is unique to Orlando. Its an easy high capacity attraction that anyone can go through. I think it still has some life left in it.

As for the ice chips I dont know if they shot them at guests or just out the diner windows.

Theres a lot you can do with the Twister Space. The show scene is huge, plus the other two rooms? Theres a bit of room to expand backstage as well as a lot of open space below the Rockit Treble Cleff. I love how Twister is unique to Orlando. Its an easy high capacity attraction that anyone can go through. I think it still has some life left in it.

As for the ice chips I dont know if they shot them at guests or just out the diner windows.

Twister is the smallest major attraction in all of USF... there's no real room for a dark ride thanks to Rockit :sneaky: but if Comcast really desired a bigger attraction, they could find a way to do it... but they'd have to avoid the Hogwarts Express that's right behind Twister too :lol:

Hogwarts Express is pretty far away from Twister. I don't think we would see a huge attraction replace Twister but theres certainly potential for a small attraction.

I can't see them having ever thrown ice chips at the guests, but perhaps it was ice water and somewhere along the way a TM misinterpreted it. As far as the diner goes, I've seen the patent for the window system which drops down and sprays water to simulate glass.