Twister...Ride It Out | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Twister...Ride It Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like the main show is fine (besides the fact that it could use some new elements). I think the preshows should focus more on how weather effects are created for movies. It should be presented by Spielberg.

Would be cool to have Universal Partner up with the weather channel to feature a new ride or some new elements or whatever. IF that means re-branding, re-theming but keeping the severe weather concept, would be cool as well. Florida having most hurricanes, lightning strikes, tornados per sq. mile would help support this feature idea !

Well, Shrek could be getting replaced because it's yet ANOTHER 3D show and let's face it, the footage is not exclusive to Universal. I have the 3D footage on DVD as a Shrek bonus feature.

Twister, while not amazing, is an attraction you can only experience at Universal Orlando and it's a nice utilization of the space.

You can watch the Shrek 4D movie on Netflix, lol. That is without some of the annoying effects at the park, the seats while they ride horses annoy the hell out of me. It will probably end up on the block sooner rather than later, but still probably has a few years left since Universal is focusing on other projects.

As for Twister, while being a mediocre at best attraction, it likely won't be on the block for a long time. You can't do a whole lot with the space there and while Universal is making so many big moves I doubt they'll look to invest money into a small attraction to replace Twister. Plus, it's good to eat some people up in that area since Despicable Me, Shrek, Mummy, Rockit, Disaster and Transformers are all pretty close by.

^^Exactly, and to be honest, Twister makes good use of the little space that is there. Definitely better than either Narnia/Legend of Jack Sparrow at DHS. By a long shot.

The only concept that could work in the Twister building would be Lights, Camera, Action which is out in Universal Studios Singapore.

YouTube it!

I could see it coming as a small addition after JP and Kong. Something to appease adult/teen visitors when the new KidZone/rumored Lorax dark ride open up.

Would be cool to have Universal Partner up with the weather channel to feature a new ride or some new elements or whatever. IF that means re-branding, re-theming but keeping the severe weather concept, would be cool as well. Florida having most hurricanes, lightning strikes, tornados per sq. mile would help support this feature idea !

They really should do that. Partner up with the Weather Channel. And just bring the attraction up to date, and give it a refurbishment. Maybe change it to like a hurricane or something. But i think this concept is great

More than likely it would be wise to keep it in a fantasy element. If they ever themed it to something natural weather there is a lot of sensative topics as well as lack of escapism and pretend that a movie theme has.

Also, The Weather Channel is owned by The Walt Disney company.

Maybe they could give this attraction an upgrade? I went on it last week and noticed that it's become really dated. The televisions in the preshow rooms are getting blurry and even the video itself is showing it's age. I also noticed during the show that the "Galaxy Drive-In" sign also didn't flip backwards like it usually does.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing that has always bugged me is how anti-climactic the tornado sequence is. Its like you see a huge tornado projected in the distance and then suddenly this little thin "tornado" just appears on stage in front of you.

I haven't forgot about uploading the behind the scenes video! I just haven't had enough time to edit some titles and upload it yet, but I will!
I did however go through the video and the TM does mention about the ice pellets again. I suppose at one time they did indeed use ice :shrug:
He also talked about how they've changed the propane tank and valves which means an increase in the amount of fire at the end of the show.
Here's a screencap of people getting blasted with water:

and here's a portion of the Twister control panel:

As posted above the sign has no longer been flipping back to appear to be ripped out of the ground. A shame as it is a highlight effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHarLCfeLXs

With that in no seeming rush to be fixed and the other effects in rough shape or missing...may be time for the big fans of Twister to get ready to say goodbye within the next year.

Doubt It. From the other threads and from HTF's recent post, it sounds like Universal will be working on quiet a lot of other big projects before closing Twistie.

Last edited:
My husband just told me about sharknado. I know Syfy is known for bad movies, but I think that one tops the cake.

My husband just told me about sharknado. I know Syfy is known for bad movies, but I think that one tops the cake.

The movie was so bad, I couldn't stop watching. But it apparently received enough attention to get a sequel. And, it just so happens that the sequel is going to take place in NYC. The Twister attraction is technically in the New York section of the park. You can see where I'm going. As ridiculous as it seems on the surface, I think this could be an epic replacement for Twister. They could use the existing tornado effect and change the pre-show and sets. Okay, those of you who think there is too much 3-D at Universal are going to scream, but I could see a combination of physical and 3-D effects. Imagine the new set being Coney Island, with the giant water spout coming on shore with hundreds of sharks flying in your face. For the finale, a helicopter swoops in and drops a bomb in the tornado, blowing it apart. Heck, the could even add a few homages to Jaws. What a way to get a shark attraction back in the park! :lol:

One thing that has always bugged me is how anti-climactic the tornado sequence is. Its like you see a huge tornado projected in the distance and then suddenly this little thin "tornado" just appears on stage in front of you.

For me it depends on whether or not the tornado catches the fire. If it works, it's one of the coolest visuals in the park. If not... it's a waste of time.

I go on this as many times as I can when I go to Universal!!!! and spend over $200 in the gift shop I am such a huge fan of the movie!!! I had a dream the other night I was working there and when I woke up I was like OMG I so want to work there lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Please Like this facebook group to help make Twister 2 happen

Twister 2 fan base to try to get a sequel

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twister-2-fan-base-to-try-and-get-a-sequel/207265239308043

Last edited: