Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UK Paramount Park

I agree! I can't wait to see this unfold as construction progresses. This should be a very interesting park to say the least. This article goes into a little bit more detail about some of the other possible IPs that could be included in the park. They are currently hoping to open the park by Easter of 2020.

They include:
Doctor Who
Sherlock
Top Gear
Merlin
Star Trek
Transformers
Mission Impossible
Lara Croft

I know I personally would love to see what they would do with a Doctor Who and Sherlock ride/area of the park. I think that both would lend themselves well to an E-ticket of some type.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11284388/BBC-to-open-theme-park-to-exploit-Doctor-Who-and-Top-Gear-brands.html
BBC-Theme-park_3133417b.jpg

Last edited:
Paramount theme park opening pushed back - BBC News

The opening date has been out back a year to allow further traffic flow studies.

From experience of driving in the area, the transport infrastructure will make or break this project.

Without another river crossing we'd be looking at break i think

Some interesting tidbits/developments on the London Paramount park.

China’s SinoFortone to Invest $155 Million in London Paramount Entertainment Resort

LONDON — China’s SinoFortone Group is to invest £100 million ($155 million) in the $4.95 billion London Paramount Entertainment Resort, which will create up to 27,000 jobs and is expected to receive 15 million visitors per year. The resort, which is being developed by London Resort Company Holdings, will include a theme park, events space... Read more »

cid:FF67E957-E746-4343-9CB7-C90FA108009D

Pretty excited for this, solely because the UK needs (and I believe is deserving) of a world class theme park resort.

Am I confident that it'll turn out that way? Nope :lol:

To bump, Paramount has left the project; as Themeparx is apparently starting up the rumor that NBCUniversal is rumored to be in negotiations to be doing a potential Universal London park on the grounds of Paramount London.

To bump, Paramount has left the project; as Themeparx is apparently starting up the rumor that NBCUniversal is rumored to be in negotiations to be doing a potential Universal London park on the grounds of Paramount London.
Thats a big rumor to start - The park is still going ahead but they need new IPs. News stories in the UK state that a deal with the BBC still exists, and that they are open to negotiating with IP owners.

I can't see it being a Universal Park, purely because the project involves so much more leisure types than just a theme park. Would Uni really be up for a license only deal?

Thats a big rumor to start - The park is still going ahead but they need new IPs. News stories in the UK state that a deal with the BBC still exists, and that they are open to negotiating with IP owners.

I can't see it being a Universal Park, purely because the project involves so much more leisure types than just a theme park. Would Uni really be up for a license only deal?
Isn't that basically what Singapore is, license based?

Reasons why I think its possibly for NBCUniversal to do a UK park:

Focus Features biggest market is the UK so adding those properties would make sense also would give Universal a leg up in finally acquiring ITV like they want to.

Reasons why I don't think so:
This is going to be a seasonal park. All the other Universal parks are open all year round. Other UK theme parks suggest this will likely not happen as they don't remain open all year round. Also this could potential cannibalize tourism to the states from British folks. Why go to Universal in the states to do Potter, when they can it from home.

Reasons why I think its possibly for NBCUniversal to do a UK park:

Focus Features biggest market is the UK so adding those properties would make sense also would give Universal a leg up in finally acquiring ITV like they want to.

Reasons why I don't think so:
This is going to be a seasonal park. All the other Universal parks are open all year round. Other UK theme parks suggest this will likely not happen as they don't remain open all year round. Also this could potential cannibalize tourism to the states from British folks. Why go to Universal in the states to do Potter, when they can it from home.

If they play it smart, they can keep the park open year-round. It just depends on a few variables.

Another thing would be that I would imagine that Potter and Nintendo would almost be easy to bring to London due to the popularity for both of those IP's in the United Kingdom. Just food for thought on that front.

That said, perhaps it is a good time to remind people that there was a job offering not long ago that mentioned the development of a park in the United Kingdom.

But perhaps we should move this to a new thread; as it could make sense to talk about it there.

Another issue here which probably is why Paramount pulled out that many people aren't thinking of is the difficulty now EU persons may be able to travel into England once Brexit is complete. Free movement of Europe would no longer apply so now visas/passports come into play. Thats a huge market loss potentially. People like ease of travel.

If they play it smart, they can keep the park open year-round. It just depends on a few variables.
Agreed, to make it all year round it would need to be majority indoors. Similar to the fairground type thing at Circus Circus in Vegas.

Except for the Theme Park, the majority of the other attractions or venues can be found in most large towns around the country. Not to mention the nightlife in the economy is struggling, with Nightclubs closing, and Bars struggling.

Overall, I get the feeling it would be a DLP type flop. The climate will kill it in the long term, and they'll try to build everything at once, and people won't come, meaning lack in profits.

Agreed, to make it all year round it would need to be majority indoors. Similar to the fairground type thing at Circus Circus in Vegas.

Except for the Theme Park, the majority of the other attractions or venues can be found in most large towns around the country. Not to mention the nightlife in the economy is struggling, with Nightclubs closing, and Bars struggling.

Overall, I get the feeling it would be a DLP type flop. The climate will kill it in the long term, and they'll try to build everything at once, and people won't come, meaning lack in profits.

I would vouch to argue the logistics of doing the canopy from Singapore/Osaka and doing it for most of the park.

Another thing intrigues me, and that's if BBC will continue to support the park. If they do, and if Universal does replace Paramount; that may be a good chance for Comcast/NBCUniversal to begin talks with BBC to bring more content themed to Doctor Who around to other parks globally.

Just a thought.

Yes, weather is "one" of the weaknesses of Disney Paris. UK is even worse. And movement issues due to Brexit implementation is a future major issue.

I think Paramount pulled out due to their financial situation atm, and bringing a HP land to the UK park is pretty much a no brainer but as has been said weather can be a problem here.