Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt filming at Universal | Inside Universal Forums

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt filming at Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 15, 2012
NYC
Universal: 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' films in Orlando - Orlando Sentinel

"Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," a popular Netflix comedy, has been filming this week at Universal Orlando, officials confirm.

Universal Studios guests may have spotted series star Ellie Kemper and crew in action near the theme park's Shrek attraction and other locations. The park was not closed for the production. Witnesses have said that they spotted actress Lisa Kudrow ("Friends"), who may be a guest star in an episode.

Has anyone on here noticed any filming this week?

yes. Had the day off from work so have been binge watching.

I'm impressed, that's some good going. How did you find the season?

That the only episode with the parks?

I did read that in the episode descriptions and was tempted to watch it but my wife would kill me if I knew what happened later on. The episode was only filmed 3 months ago so that's quite impressive to get it ready so quickly.

I'm impressed, that's some good going. How did you find the season?

I did read that in the episode descriptions and was tempted to watch it but my wife would kill me if I knew what happened later on. The episode was only filmed 3 months ago so that's quite impressive to get it ready so quickly.

That the only episode with the parks?

It was better than last season in my opinion which made it so much better and unfortunately the last episode is the only UNiversal episode but it was very how do I put it...amusing.

RRR had some pretty clever green screen shots. Took a couple rides for me to figure out it wasn't real.

As for the episode, I was shocked how much of the park they captured. Busy areas too!

Production Central, Fear Factor, Richter's, Curious George, RRR, KidZone, Beverly Hills area. Pretty much everything non IP tied.

RRR had some pretty clever green screen shots. Took a couple rides for me to figure out it wasn't real.

As for the episode, I was shocked how much of the park they captured. Busy areas too!

Production Central, Fear Factor, Richter's, Curious George, RRR, KidZone, Beverly Hills area. Pretty much everything non IP tied.
There was also the area inbetween MIB and Simpsons

Good call. I have to say, (again no spoilers), some of the episode was far too egregious with the advertising. There was a particular moment that I swore could've been turned into a TV ad / brochure.

Kimmy + mom buying their Express passes. Advanced the plot, but they talked about Express passes way too much.

Reactions: Nick
There was one scene where Kinmy was standing outside of MIB with the lagoon behind her in front of a green screen for some reason. It must have been added after filming had finished.

Knowing the layout of the park made it slightly frustrating to watch.

Episode 9 has an Universal Theme park easter egg that is easy to miss...(just found out about it from another friend) just look at the TVs in the background when Titus is in the Electronics store.
I noticed it right away, although admittedly likely because I had already known taping was done at UOR.

Reactions: quinnmac000