Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone want to take an educated guess on whether this will be open by April 17th? I'll be visiting the parks then (first time since July 2010). I'm hoping to get to see something new in the studios side when i go since Despicable Me won't be open yet and Jaws is.....you know....a pile of ruble...

AmusementPics has new pics

013112-(21).jpg

013112-(20).jpg

012612-(73).jpg

Reactions: Felipe
^ The towers fold down??? Now I see that two on one end are further apart than the other end. Wild that none of us noticed that or that the towers are hinged. I was wondering how they would ever hold up in a hurricane.

I wonder where the crane jib lifts disappear to.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the updates guys!! And nice catch on that Teebin! I never saw any hinges, but the separation could be an indication that they fold down.

only one of the barges had the extra bit installed to allow the fold down... the other two didn't have that installed yet. Probably one team doing pipping, one team doing globes, and one team installing folding down mechanisms...

Felipe, the reason I said that is because a picture of them folded down was posted. See:

013112-(20).jpg

Oh! I guess I overlooked that one, or didn't look close enough to realize what it was :p Thanks for pointing it out :thumbs:

only one of the barges had the extra bit installed to allow the fold down... the other two didn't have that installed yet. Probably one team doing pipping, one team doing globes, and one team installing folding down mechanisms...

Hopefully they'll install the mechanism on all of them! I'd like for all that to be folded down during the day and then sprung up for the show at night.

BTW, question... Is there any place, resort or other, from where one could see the lagoon after the parks close? Say from a terrace somewhere? It'd be cool to peek at this once they start testing it out at night in the after hours...

I'm thinking from Hard Rock, which is the closest hotel, and maybe from the apartments north of Studios, but you'd need an apartment there to see anything...

Here's what I mean from Hard Rock (outlined in blue from a view inside the park):

fXIx.jpeg

Well, if they test it on one of the nights Studios closes before IOA, would Doctor Doom be an optimal viewing location, if only for a split second before the drop. But as we have said in the Amity thread, helicopters can't be beat.

Does London have any famous waterfront amphitheaters? They should add something here now that it's going to be demolished and become London. USF needs viewing areas for this show.

k4jif8.jpg

There was that very nicely adorned river walk Teebin posted a while ago. God you all don't know how happy a London area would make me. I feel it would really work with the park's theme and all those other wonderful things that would keep the studios spirit.

Saw this tweet yesterday

UOR Detective
@UORdetective

People may be a little disappointed with new lagoon show; actual screens are being used for film, not just projections onto water!

https://twitter.com/#!/UORdetective/status/166932521131589632

And I am calling BS on this. Unless the water screens turned out to be a total wash (which I haven't heard about) the projections are going to be on the water screens.

Can anyone else comment on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.