Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not nice to tell people to not be Fans of disney. :bouncymick:

Its truly hard to have an opinion on this Forum :look:

There is a difference between a fan of Disney, and a Disney fan boy. Please explain to me how Carsland is better than Forbidden Journey when it hasn't even opened yet?

Also, I don't appreciate you trying to fan the flames over something that is a few days old and over with.

There is a difference between a fan of Disney, and a Disney fan boy. Please explain to me how Carsland is better than Forbidden Journey when it hasn't even opened yet?

Also, I don't appreciate you trying to fan the flames over something that is a few days old and over with.
Want a good example of Disney fanboys..please see video I posted above..
we all know Disney invented the Universe, but their are things they do so...very..wrong..

Not sure why 360 got so much flack. I enjoyed it for what it was and knowing Universal's limitations. People were constantly disappointed though, audibly expecting some big fireworks which they just.. cannot.. do there. This definitely looks like an upgrade over 360 so I'll be more than happy.

360 could have worked. The globes, lasers, and wall projections weren't what ultimately held it back. If they created a more compelling story, they could have overcame their technical limitations. But you can't have a bland story when something isn't overly impressive to begin with.

Its not nice to tell people to not be Fans of disney. :bouncymick:

Its truly hard to have an opinion on this Forum :look:

Im so happy to hear you say that, for once it's not me. If people on here don't like your comment/opinion its considered bashing. Everything on here shouldn't always be all handy and dandy, arguments and different opinions is what makes it exciting......A-" love this idea of a water show" B- " omg, me too, I can't wait" C- " AWSOME !!! " D- Uni is a copycat A- BAN ! ......that's how this site is.

Universal couldn't come up with something better, they just saw what disney did in Cali and they were like, "what a good idea". I love IOA, I'm not a disney fanboy, if universal does somthing right, i give them props. However, just because Uni has done Harry Potter and Spidermen, they are the best ?

Universal couldn't come up with something better, they just saw what disney did in Cali and they were like, "what a good idea". I love IOA, I'm not a disney fanboy, if universal does somthing right, i give them props. However, just because Uni has done Harry Potter and Spidermen, they are the best ?

So if you were Universal Creative and you were tasked with creating a new night time show on the USF lagoon what would you have come up with? Heres the thing though you have a limited budget and you can't use live actors or stunts. So tell me what other options are avalible? I'm sorry but the options are pretty dang limited. No matter what similar technology to WOC would have to be used. Does this mean they copied Disney? No not at all. When you are severly limited with what you can do on water of course you will draw simularities with your competition.

Im so happy to hear you say that, for once it's not me. If people on here don't like your comment/opinion its considered bashing. Everything on here shouldn't always be all handy and dandy, arguments and different opinions is what makes it exciting......A-" love this idea of a water show" B- " omg, me too, I can't wait" C- " AWSOME !!! " D- Uni is a copycat A- BAN ! ......that's how this site is.

All theme parks take a good idea and put their spin on it. Even Disney.
That is how it all started. Walt Disney saw Amusments and some theming in parks and knew he wanted to try and do it better. It is not about a company doing something first as doing it better in execution. Now I don't think that Universal's new show will be comparable to scale to World of Color at all but nor is it supposed to be. World of Color was created because that park had a very low draw to the Disneyland resort. It desperately needed something. The funds between the two are not comparable,but who knows? To each their own and some may end up liking many aspects about Universal's show more. People will be entitled to that opinion.

Also, the concept of the dancing fountains of these types are not original to World of Color, Disney, or theme parks at all. Waltzing Waters and Liquid Fireworks have been around Southwest FL and other locations such as Germany since the 1970s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EsEk7vT3b0

It's kind of like saying that they copied disney because they both have indoor roller coasters. I'm pretty sure that universal's take on this kind of show will have a much different feel to it than disney's

I'm the last person who wants to get involved in this nonsense, but it's gotten to the point where you're constantly derailing threads. If you have an issue with the site or how it is run, please PM Brian, or another staff member.

We have absolutely nothing against fans of Disney and we have found ourselves defending Disney from Universal fanboys in the past. As BriMan said, there is a difference between stating your opinion and simply throwing out nonsense. Simply throwing out that everything Universal has done is awful, is A) close to off-topic and B) asking for a giant insult war. You absolutely don't have to post that you agree with the idea, you just went about it in the absolute wrong way.

If you would like to continue this conversation about the site, please PM one of the Staff members. There's no need for the conversation to constantly derail threads with real conversations occurring.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Here are my photos from yesterday

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

Reactions: violarum
I'm very unsure as to what those clear globes are... Usually glass encasings mean there are projectors or show lights inside, so are those going to be used to give the fountains color? Or are they for lasers? There are two large ones on the base of each of the barges, and four small ones on the lifted waterfall mechanism. Hm...

I'm very unsure as to what those clear globes are... Usually glass encasings mean there are projectors or show lights inside, so are those going to be used to give the fountains color? Or are they for lasers? There are two large ones on the base of each of the barges, and four small ones on the lifted waterfall mechanism. Hm...

Yeah I poured over the concept art, and I have no clue where they fit in. My blind guess would be for lasers.

weather / waterproofing for a digital lightsource? I know I've seen the same globes before at Hollywood studios on Sound Stage 1...

Those globes are weatherproof casing for intelligent moving head lights. More than likely spots as I anticipate the fountain lights will act as wash lighting...

Status
Not open for further replies.