Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why ? They copy a lot of the things Disney does. The projections for HHN, they got that idea from disneys magic kingdom show.

Or...you know...they just wanted cool projections. Which have been around a lot longer than Magic, memories, and You.

Just like fountain and projection shows have been around longer than World of Color.

You came into the thread to troll. That much is obvious. I'd advise everyone else to just ignore it.

But Disney, from what I know, was one of the first theme parks to bring that technology to the parks. If Uni can do it better, all the power to them, but why can't they do something new, like with what they did with the WWOHP. That's all I'm saying.

But Disney, from what I know, was one of the first theme parks to bring that technology to the parks. If Uni can do it better, all the power to them, but why can't they do something new, like with what they did with the WWOHP. That's all I'm saying.

1. The new show does not utilize the mapping technology of Magic, Memories and You.
2. WoC was not the first fountain show at a theme park.
3. Stop being a Disney fan boy. You are being successful at trolling, and if you troll one more time, it's a ban.

There are dancing fountain shows all over the world, including one at Resorts World Sentosa that's been performing for years before World of Color, where the new Universal Studios Singapore is. There's also one a few hours drive from Anaheim at the Bellagio in Vegas that's been there since 1998, and more popping up all over. Just because Disney added the same mist screens they've been using at Fantasmic since 1992, doesn't make it new.

Regardless of who uses what technology it comes down to implementation. It is all about how that technology is used, and what experience it creates. I am very hopeful that this use of this technology will create a memorable and desirable experience!

Reactions: violarum

Why bash Universal for borrowing an idea and trying their hand at it? Are you saying that just because Disney has done it that no other theme park should EVER incorporate a similar show due to the automatic lack of originality? If theme park companies held to that type of idea, we would have missed out on a TON of great attractions. I mean, it's not like Disney has never borrowed an idea from Universal. Toy Story Mania = Men in Black + Spiderman. Just sayin.

Why bash Universal for borrowing an idea and trying their hand at it? Are you saying that just because Disney has done it that no other theme park should EVER incorporate a similar show due to the automatic lack of originality? If theme park companies held to that type of idea, we would have missed out on a TON of great attractions. I mean, it's not like Disney has never borrowed an idea from Universal. Toy Story Mania = Men in Black + Spiderman. Just sayin.

However they copied Men in Black (2000) from Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (1998), but they installed a better vehicle so it's not so bad. And the Spiderman (1999) ride vehicle is a copy from Dinosaur (1998) but with 3d, so that's good. But my point was that Uni sees Disney do something and they jump at it, and it's hardly ever the other way around. That's why I can't wait to see what Uni has planned for jaws.

No, it's not. The Spider-man vehicle is significantly different than the EMV.

True, but I think you probably can guess which aspects of each attraction I was talking about. I was not implying that they were identical, as Universal's new show and WOC won't be identical.

What? :stunned: You did not really post that. Tell me you didn't really post that? :)

Ummm... yeah, I did. Is it THAT much of a stretch? Moving vehicles utilizing 3D technology combined with a fast-paced shooting game. Again, not identical, but it stands to reason that Disney was inspired by these attractions, which was my overall point.

Status
Not open for further replies.