Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thoroughly enjoyed it throughout, especially when they break the tension of the horror segment by throwing a bunch of minions at the camera.

going through the photos and videos posted, just how many were standing next to me without me knowing it...

I was at battery park, right along the waters edge next to Matt Roseboom from Attractions Magazine.

Edit: Attractions multi camera edit is LIVE:
[video=youtube;bUcLd0fqoCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcLd0fqoCo[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwoolboy
I just saw a video on YouTube and I wasn't impressed. Too many clips that are seconds long. And the fountains don't seem to interact with the movies well, they are just like on the side. I think it's because I'm comparing it to world of color but I would have left half way threw the show, it's a mess. Better than nothing I guess.

Last edited:
I just saw a video on YouTube and I wasn't impressed. Too many clips that are seconds long. And the fountains don't seem to interact with the movies well, they are just like on the side. I think it's because I'm comparing it to world of color but I would have left half way threw the show, it's a mess. Better than nothing I guess.

The video that Attractions Magazine just posted is much better than the one I saw earlier. And seriously, this is something you need to see in person before you judge. A lot is lost in translation.

The fountains do interact if you watch the multi angle vid Attractions took.

So, who from here other than figment was actually there last night? We know they are launching fireworks from disaster, simpsons. Is the third location MIB?

Watched this second video. The opening foggers are cool... :look:

going through the photos and videos posted, just how many were standing next to me without me knowing it...

I was at battery park, right along the waters edge next to Matt Roseboom from Attractions Magazine.

Edit: Attractions multi camera edit is LIVE:
[video=youtube;bUcLd0fqoCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcLd0fqoCo[/video]

The attractions video is terrific, a much better representation of the show it seems. I love it.

Typical post is typical.

The video that Attractions Magazine just posted is much better than the one I saw earlier. And seriously, this is something you need to see in person before you judge. A lot is lost in translation.

The fountains do interact if you watch the multi angle vid Attractions took.

Yup. The multi angle view is great.

I wonder if it's better in person because I made it about 5 minutes and turned it off.

I loved when that dude said this is 360 all over again lol :rofl:

The problem with this show is that its has too many movies. Ok, I know that's its about the first 100 years but if you dont know any of the movies or know very few this show would be a bore. I didnt know many of the old ones so i was just -____-. Unlike fantasmic and WOC, you dont have to know the movies to enjoy the show. Some people are going to be like "dont compare disney with universal" but thats too bad.

I dont understand why people are justifying it by saying that its "good" because its better than the last one. Its not horrible but to say its good ? Idk. The name Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular gives this show too much hype than what it deserves. However, the only cool part was the into to the horror films.

Last edited:
Of course the Pixie-dust addicts don't like it. SHOCKING!

The show could have finished with money raining down from the sky and said poster would have hated it.

It's a great show, but not without its flaws. But the infrastructure is in place, and shows like this are easily changeable. It's a very big step in the right direction for Universal Orlando.

What do you think of it, compared to the other night time shows in the area?

Without seeing it, I'd prefer it to Fantasmic and Wishes, but probably not Illuminations.

And I'd compare the show to Dreams at Disneyland Paris (which I just saw last week). Both shows are similar, and are burdened with similar faults but are greater than the sum of their parts.

What do you think of it, compared to the other night time shows in the area?

I have not had the opportunity to see the show yet. But it looks like exactly what they were trying to do with it and that is a night time lagoon spectacular that highlights Universal's 100 Years of making movie magic.

As to comparing it to Disney's night time shows, I would have to say that from what I have seen, it compares favorably to Illuminations. Which stylistically it is the most similar to. illuminations has horrible resolution on their tiny globe way out in the middle of the pond, so UCS beats it hands down at being able to see the projections. The pacing of UCS seems to be better than Illuminations also. Illuminations has that long dead section where you just sit and try and figure out what they are showing on the globe.

I haven't seen WOC so I can't really compare it with that either. But I know quit a few people who say the pacing is pretty rough and the show seems somewhat disjointed.

But I bet you LOVE Illuminations.

No I dont, I dont really like Epcot. Thats actually one of the parks I dislike the most, I rather go to Universal. If something is great either Disney or Universal, I would say it.

Last edited:
The only joy I get out of nighttime shows now is if I am standing near someone who has never seen it before. They either are left breathless and awestruck which is cool, or they go "Is that it?" in which I :lol: I will give this a chance when I get down there. Pretty sure I'll be innebriated though, which is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.