Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, IOA is the park that has the ability to float a barge in and out of the lagoon for a show. USF doesn't have anywhere they could stash something completely out of sight.
Technically, if they wanted to invest, they could extend the waterway between FFL and MIB and build a small drawbridge over it.

However, I don't think Universal/Comcast would see that as something worth investing in and it would be eating into land where they may need to put a HHN house in the future.

Technically, if they wanted to invest, they could extend the waterway between FFL and MIB and build a small drawbridge over it.

However, I don't think Universal/Comcast would see that as something worth investing in and it would be eating into land where they may need to put a HHN house in the future.

My thoughts too. I guess they should leave the nighttime show for IOA...but how about having a daytime and nighttime parade at Studios then? That gives both parks something worth staying till close for.

My thoughts too. I guess they should leave the nighttime show for IOA...but how about having a daytime and nighttime parade at Studios then? That gives both parks something worth staying till close for.
I don't think USF should give up on a nighttime show. CineSpec is good, but it could be so much better. IOA's Lagoon should allow a lot more room to do up a bigger, better show. Uni needs things to keep people in the park later. I definitely agree a nighttime parade is something that, not only would it be a first for Uni, but would be something that a lot of people would WANT to stick around and see. I'd love to see what they would put together.

I don't think USF should give up on a nighttime show. CineSpec is good, but it could be so much better. IOA's Lagoon should allow a lot more room to do up a bigger, better show. Uni needs things to keep people in the park later. I definitely agree a nighttime parade is something that, not only would it be a first for Uni, but would be something that a lot of people would WANT to stick around and see. I'd love to see what they would put together.

I agree. A good night time parade should help keep more people in the park, especially families. When I was there for two weeks in September it seemed that there were already significantly more people in the Studios during the nights than on my previous trips. I would think Diagon had a lot to do with that. A one two punch, with a night show & night parade, along with more onsite hotel rooms should accentuate that trend. On my visits previous to Sept. 2014, the Studios were pretty empty during the off season nights.It seems the park has reached a higher level of interest so it would make sense to take advantage of the trend.

Yes, more fountains and pyro would make it amazing, it is still great as it is now though..

Both parks need their own night show

With both parks so close together, it'd be interesting if they could synchronize the nighttime shows, so that any fireworks sent off would seem so much more impressive.

I always pictured them doing like Epcot and HS...one goes before the other..

In theory you could see both shows on a night

I always pictured them doing like Epcot and HS...one goes before the other..

In theory you could see both shows on a night
I think that has all sorts of turnstile logistical issues, while it is a nice idea, there would be chaos people trying to get between the parks when the second is not long till closing.

I miss the big 4th of July firework shows they used to do in CityWalk. It would be really nice to have those come back.

This show has been falling apart. Ever since day 1 the quality has declined. The Disaster launch is off- If you're watching the show from central park or near transformers on the Animal Actors side of the lagoon you will see NO fireworks! Ridiculous. Last night one of the projectors on the water screen closest to Diagon wasn't working, leaving guests confused. Speaker down near central park is blown out. No audio on the bridge between London and Springfield, yet the speakers are clearly there (pretty sure I've heard the audio from there before) This show needs an overhaul!

This show has been falling apart. Ever since day 1 the quality has declined. The Disaster launch is off- If you're watching the show from central park or near transformers on the Animal Actors side of the lagoon you will see NO fireworks! Ridiculous. Last night one of the projectors on the water screen closest to Diagon wasn't working, leaving guests confused. Speaker down near central park is blown out. No audio on the bridge between London and Springfield, yet the speakers are clearly there (pretty sure I've heard the audio from there before) This show needs an overhaul!
There needs to be a new show, period. CineSpec wasn't anything special from day one.

Also, it's hilarious how they are STILL celebrating the 100th anniversary in the show.

I have to think at this point then, the show is in its final legs. It'd be smart to atleast think that in the way its in, Universal is just waiting for the right moment to finally put the show out of its misery.

It's kind of funny to go to the beginning of this thread and read everybody praising this show... a praise made off the low-bar set by Uni 360.

I've actually always enjoyed this show but haven't seen it recently so I can't say I've experienced any of the faults above. Is it still pulling a decent crowd to stay and watch?

I've actually always enjoyed this show but haven't seen it recently so I can't say I've experienced any of the faults above. Is it still pulling a decent crowd to stay and watch?
Yep, just as any nighttime fireworks show will do at any park.

I think what really destroyed the show in terms of how good it was at first compared to how good it is now is the stopping of the use of fireworks behind Disaster due to the train. If you stand any where near Transformers of Central Park you literally see almost no fireworks.

Yep, just as any nighttime fireworks show will do at any park.

I think what really destroyed the show in terms of how good it was at first compared to how good it is now is the stopping of the use of fireworks behind Disaster due to the train. If you stand any where near Transformers of Central Park you literally see almost no fireworks.
And the sad part about that is Central Park used to be the best place to watch the show from.

Reactions: WAJAS
I think the fireworks from Disaster are permanently removed due to Diagon Alley and the train.
Yes, they were removed because of the Hogwarts Express due to safety concerns. That is even though if they really wanted to keep those fireworks launching from there all they really had to do was add a roof above the tracks with sprinklers on it, akin to the Fantasyland showbuildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.