Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main reason is because it was so high. We're talking like Spaceship Earth or Tower of Terror or higher height.

When it went up everyone was sort of staring at it because it was so big and so high and so out of place. Like.. "Gee, why is there a giant balloon floating over the park?"

Well, I got the skinny on this and the balloons were basically nothing. They were just looking for new launch sites to replace one that is going away soon. Just the same crappy fireworks as ever. :(

Well, I got the skinny on this and the balloons were basically nothing. They were just looking for new launch sites to replace one that is going away soon. Just the same crappy fireworks as ever. :(

Fireworks are never going to be Uni's bread and butter considering where they're located. They need to get a good lagoon show going that doesn't need them ala World of Color

:( We need more options than "like" kind of like Facebook has. Because I like the fact that you got us info so soon, but I don't like the results of the information :lol:

Fireworks, in my opinion, are mostly overrated and annoying. I couldn't imagine staying on site for 4 days and having to hear a huge firework spectacle every night.

Last edited:

Out of curiosity, which one is going away soon? And how soon?

Animal Actors is what I was told. I have no idea how soon it will happen or whether it will begin in 3 months, a year or two years. I would hope they consider fireworks from the top of transformers too.
They could shoot them off through the extended arm of the Transformers statue. How cool would that be?

It would be nice to spread them back out around the lagoon instead of on one side of it like it ended up being to demolish Disaster. With the current launch sites on MIB, Simpsons, and AA the show isn't as good if you're on the Central Park side. One of the balloons looked to be in the former Disaster area, so hopefully that launch site comes back once F&F is up.

Animal Actors is what I was told. I have no idea how soon it will happen or whether it will begin in 3 months, a year or two years. I would hope they consider fireworks from the top of transformers too.
Could it be because of, I don't know, imminent construction in that area? Thus needing to relocate it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.