Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised they're not draining the lagoon for all this work.

I don't know that it'll be necessary, or maybe not yet? I think the only things running under water are the power cables that will probably just hook up to the bottom of the barges. Then again, this is just a big guessing game for us so... :p

I suppose that like World of Color, the fountains/water screens could be active during the day without the LED colors. It's just that the black barges with giant criss-crossing metal trusses aren't as easy to look past than simple, white ballons floating in the lagoon.
When I went to DL, the WOC fountains weren't doing anything during the day, just sitting on top of the lagoon, looking ugly as heck. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen with this, and Uni finds some way to get rid of them during the day.

I think it is remotely possible that if this is popular and holds people at night, a more permanent installation may be possible. This is the most elaborate thing I have ever seen them build/mount.

I think it is remotely possible that if this is popular and holds people at night, a more permanent installation may be possible. This is the most elaborate thing I have ever seen them build/mount.

For sure! And if Potter is coming to USF like we think, people would stay longer at this park too, so there would be more demand for nighttime stuff.

--- Update ---

so does anyone know an exact date for when this will open or when we can see an announcement for it ?

We could see an announcement later this month when they have their Centennial celebration.

For sure! And if Potter is coming to USF like we think, people would stay longer at this park too, so there would be more demand for nighttime stuff.

This is the priority especially at the Studios. Potter is keeping guest well into the night so now USF needs a reason more than ever to take advantage of keeping crowds even longer.

The latest iv ever satyed in a park in Universal til the park closed was way back in 2008 the parks closed at 6 or 7 pm every night I really wanted to stay til it was dark out & ride the Hulk or Jaws at nightime hopefully the hours will be better once this show opens :pray:

Last edited:
Photo update from Orlando Rocks

usf_lagoon_show_1_7_2012%20(1).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_7_2012%20(2).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_7_2012%20(3).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_7_2012%20(4).jpg

USF_Lagoon_show_a_barges_1_7_2012%20(1).jpg

USF_Lagoon_show_a_barges_1_7_2012%20(2).jpg

USF_Lagoon_show_a_barges_1_7_2012%20(3).jpg

USF_Lagoon_show_a_barges_1_7_2012%20(4).jpg

usf_Lagoon_show_b_1_7_2012%20(1).jpg

usf_Lagoon_show_b_1_7_2012%20(2).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_c_1_7_2012.jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_1_2012%20(5).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_2_2012%20(1).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_2_2012%20(2).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_2_2012%20(3).jpg

usf_lagoon_show_1_2_2012%20(4).jpg

This is an interesting turn of events, and seems like we're in a twisted universe, because Screamscape has justed posted the following:

(1/11/12) Several new photos showing off the progress of things on the Lagoon have been added to OrlandoUnited this week. (Scroll down to the bottom to find the new pictures.) There is an interesting shot of guys in the water working on something that I believe looks like it could be the fountain-head for a water screen, but I’m no expert, so don’t take my word for that one.

Well I am dying to know the angle of this show. What is the theme. Looking at the 13 films the Universal Studios is restoring an re-releasing I would assume that a lot of focus for any Universal show would revolved around a lot of those titles.

So here are the 13 films:

1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. All Quiet on the Western Front
3. The Birds
4. Buck Privates
5. Dracula (1931)
6. Dracula (spanish version)
7. Frankenstein
8. JAWS
9. Schindler's List
10. Out of Africa
11. Pillow Talk
12. Bride of Frankenstein
13. The Sting

thoughts?

A lot of those films wouldn't even be worth having in the show because you're still leaving out films like ET, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Psycho, Mummy, Wolfman, Beetlejuice, and others

Status
Not open for further replies.