Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about any of you but I had to stop the video and go back 3-4 times because I first thought that the BTTF scenes were faked in. That said, I cannot believe how bright and sharp they are! Very impressive.

VP of Entertainment... that is a different division than UC correct? I believe Entertainment oversees HHN or HHN is a division of Entertainment. Interesting.

Last edited:
People on Youtube keep saying how it is copying off WOC...honestly I don't remember WOC having fireworks or waterfall screens the only similarity is colored fountains...and if we want to play that game WOC is copying off Bellagio because it was first..but that comparison would never be made because it's apples and oranges...so why do they compare WOC to UCS you ask? Jealousy, Fanboy-ness , etc.

Actually it goes. Knotts Berry Farm, then Aquatique, then Bellagio, then Disney

WoC is the bar. It's one of the best night time shows out there.That's why. Same reason that every ride Disney makes is compared to FJ. Don't act like it doesn't go both ways.

Totally. WoC isn't just a few water jets that spin around like in this show, Illuminations, or Fantasmic. It's insane.

As for the name "UniColor" I suggest we use "Uninations" instead. More like Illuminations than WoC (both fantastic shows.)

Totally. WoC isn't just a few water jets that spin around like in this show, Illuminations, or Fantasmic. It's insane.

As for the name "UniColor" I suggest we use "Uninations" instead. More like Illuminations than WoC (both fantastic shows.)

I say it's a good mix of illuminations, fantasmic, and WoC.

UniCinSpec or UCS?

People should stop comparing them all. Waltzing Waters of Germany invented the concept. Dancing water/liquid fireworks. They put color lighting on water at night as the fountain streams danced. That is not the focus of this show. Just one component. The real stars are the water curtains. Which have never been utilized like this in a sateside theme park. It is a sensory overload of night time features on a lagoon. Every theme park does their own variables with it.

World of Color features water jets. So does Fantasmic. Any night time show on water is going to feature them where they can. Just one component.

Reactions: Felipe and BJCool
Orlando Informer recorded this video on the 18th. Their description: "It starts with a quick shot of the new barges for the Cinematic Spectacular, but then you can see the new home of Bruce the Shark and construction progress in the old Amity area."

[video=youtube;F2rbVvtk6Xs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2rbVvtk6Xs[/video]

Additionally, AmusementPics was out at the parks today a got some general shots. The viewing area looks ready for the crowds!

20120418-106.jpg

20120418-104.jpg

20120418-105.jpg

Last edited:
Someone screwed up the blue overlays on barge 3 :lol: No reason for it not to be up by now. The show looks like a real winner which will be great for Universal. They have been in desperate need of a GREAT night show for more than a decade and it seems were finally getting it. Also just for kicks, when I saw the short preview video of Cinespec I literally said out loud, UC is throwing down :lol: Damn Disney!

Someone screwed up the blue overlays on barge 3 :lol: No reason for it not to be up by now. The show looks like a real winner which will be great for Universal. They have been in desperate need of a GREAT night show for more than a decade and it seems were finally getting it. Also just for kicks, when I saw the short preview video of Cinespec I literally said out loud, UC is throwing down :lol: Damn Disney!

Disney could stroll out Dreamfinder with a sparkler in front of Wonders of Life tomorrow, and it would get more respect than Universal with Cinespec.

^ I hear ya, but it looks like this is starting to change

Disney could stroll out Dreamfinder with a sparkler in front of Wonders of Life tomorrow, and it would get more respect than Universal with Cinespec.

Sadly I agree. I was so upset with how much people praised the reopening of Dumbo... when Spiderman reopened and (in my opinion) became the best theme park attraction in the world again.

Do you guys think this will be a once a night show like Illuminations or multiple shows like Fantasmic? I really hope multiple.

Because of the fireworks and how costly that aspect of the show likely is. Once a night.

It really only needs one viewing a night because the Lagoon surrounds the park and there is a lot of viewing space for those who are left around.

If somehow the park is completely packed and it is a VERY busy season I am sure they would consider it.

^ I hear ya, but it looks like this is starting to change

Sadly I agree. I was so upset with how much people praised the reopening of Dumbo... when Spiderman reopened and (in my opinion) became the best theme park attraction in the world again.

It's so frustrating/annoying. I hope people prove me wrong on May 8th, but I'm not holding my breath. They only (begrudgingly) accepted Potter because most are Potter fans.

Is it just me or is a lot of the good areas to view this splash zones? I know people enjoy getting wet, but won't the sun have set before this show has begun? I wouldn't think the splash zones would be too popular on the colder nights...

I believe that this will be a once a night show. This is mainly due to that it is the anniversery of Universal. I personally would love to see it every night.

From what I uploaded this evening on my youtube channel, it looks really spectacular!.

Status
Not open for further replies.