Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal sign on, presumably, the center barge:

pic.twitter.com/2kgmNmkc

Woah, not what I was expecting. I thought it'd be the globe on the center of it.

Just in case you didn't know, you're at UNIVERSAL Studios :p

And he posted another pic:

ArCAeKbCQAEtsPv.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/MrEPCOT/status/193796039654916097/photo/1

If I'm looking at it correctly, I think the previously naked barge is now dressed.

^ yeah, I was kind of expecting the globe and smaller lettering too, but this does look very nice also. Just a thought, but does anyone here think they might launch any light fireworks off from the rain trusses themselves? Something like a multi-foxtail roman candle style? Especially from the column ends... might be cool for the opening or closing.

Last edited:
In the latest edition of Universal News, the Universal TM newsletter, there are directions for Uni's employees in regards to what cautionary measures management is beginning to enforce as Unispec kicks off.

Staying Safe as We Approach the Launch of Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular

iMlNuVyA5AnIj.png

As we approach the May 8 grand opening for Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular, we will continue to conduct rehearsals and will also be previewing the show for guests on select nights. Narrated by award-winning actor Morgan Freeman, the experience will take guests on a journey through epic cinematic moments filled with heroes, horror, laughter, good vs. evil and triumph – all against a backdrop of light, sound and special effects.

To ensure guest and Team Member safety, several areas will be locked down during the show. Approximately 15 minutes prior to showtime for Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular, pyrotechnic lockdown areas will include:

• Baseline J from the 4-way stop at B-20 to the north side of B-111. No vehicle or pedestrian traffic is allowed on this roadway.
  • The Amity service gate next to Disaster! and the Disaster! parking lot. No vehicles (including golf carts) should be parked there, and no pedestrian traffic is allowed.
  • The main doors in the back of Wardrobe and the pathway between B-111 (HR) and Wardrobe. Team Members can use the south side door (facing T-4) to enter/exit Wardrobe as well as the front door (Gate 2).
  • The Beetlejuice service gate next to B-20. Team Members can walk backstage on the South side of B-20 (NY area or Park Services side of B-20).
The lockdown will end as soon as the Pyro Technicians clear the area, having ensured there are no live pyro rounds in any of the fallout area. Team
Members will always have a way during this lockdown to get back and forth to Wardrobe. Please follow any instructions given by Pyro Technicians or
Security officers to maintain your safety.

Stay tuned to UOTeam.com for specific dates and times when guest previews will begin, and be sure to check upcoming issues of Universal News for complete details on our exciting new nighttime show!

So I guess if they utilize the show in some way, shape or form for HHN, they'll have to axe the pyro launching from the Disaster! building, as the entire area used as queue for houses in Disaster! is in the fallout zone.

^ God forbid they would create a website where one has to log in with an employee number and some other simple cryptic. Yeeesh.

To add insult... at the bottom:

"This site designed exclusively for Universal Orlando Team Members."

Oh really... then why am I able to see it?

So I guess if they utilize the show in some way, shape or form for HHN, they'll have to axe the pyro launching from the Disaster! building, as the entire area used as queue for houses in Disaster! is in the fallout zone.

If the show is incredibly successful, then they will quicker axe the Disaster area from HHN. BUT, I believe HHN is a special event night... and therefore there will be no show except for red bloody fountains.

Last edited:
Reactions: BJCool
The more i see of this, the more I think it's less like World of Color at all. The fountains are really the sole star of that show. Cinematic really is a blend of water screens, effects, fountains and fireworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.