Universal’s Great Movie Escape | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Great Movie Escape

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Gonna put my predictions hat on and say this will be previewed for media during HHN then will open shortly after.

I'll add to that prediction and say, it's going to be pretty tough to get a reservation for these during Sep-Oct this year.

I know BTTF may have more of an appeal fan base wise, and I’m sure they are both going to be the one of the best best escape rooms in the world when the open. But, I can’t stop thinking how much more excited it will be for the JW room vs BTTF as all I can imagine is having the animatronics or even puppets, similar Velocicoaster adding to the experience, but nothing from BTTF stands out that could be as impressive as that, besides maybe a simulation in the Delorean.

Since they’re including a classic from the 80s, why are they going for the modern Jurassic World as opposed to the “classic” Jurassic Park?

I thought escape rooms were already a fad that has passed its prime. These will be something else in 2 years.
I think more popped up in some towns than was sustainable, but many have stuck around since. Like imagine if 6 mini golf locations opened up in every town, only one will likely survive in a small town. Unless you’re a tourism destination.

That’s Escape Rooms now.

Cruise ships, (mostly Royal Caribbean) have been adding highly theme escape rooms to their ships for the past 5 years or so, and they are still adding more to older ships. It sells out on basically every cruise. If the escape room is high quality and has a cool theme people will pay for it.

Reactions: Grabnar
Not saying the themes are unimportant, but the three reasons why these will succeed are location, location, and location. The ones in strip malls around the city don’t have that, or blockbuster movie themes either.

I’d trade my Premier Pass HHN ticket for this in a heartbeat, not that that’s how any of it works.

I heard Jurassic Park as one so I imagine the ties to the World vs Park will mostly be surface level.

Most insiders heard of three rooms so I bet they will expand soon

I think more popped up in some towns than was sustainable, but many have stuck around since. Like imagine if 6 mini golf locations opened up in every town, only one will likely survive in a small town. Unless you’re a tourism destination.

That’s Escape Rooms now.

It depends on quality. Bad escape rooms are easy to make, good ones are hard to find. I bet their concepts are much more grand and include things like actors.

Reactions: Alicia and Grabnar
Super excited for this, but I’m mostly just really happy that they’re STILL adding a major new offering each year, for the foreseeable future!

2022: Great Movie Escape
2023: USF “Minion Land”
2024: TBD
2025: Epic Universe

Reactions: tielo
Most insiders heard of three rooms so I bet they will expand soon

I Wonder if the 3rd room will be used as a “seasonal” room that changes every year or so to promote the new universal movie coming out that year. Similar to how the Void in Disney Springs kept their Star Wars experience, but then added Wreck it Ralph to one half of their operation when the sequel came out.

I Wonder if the 3rd room will be used as a “seasonal” room that changes every year or so to promote the new universal movie coming out that year. Similar to how the Void in Disney Springs kept their Star Wars experience, but then added Wreck it Ralph to one half of their operation when the sequel came out.

That'd be cool! The original rumor was a more generic room without an IP.

We have one out in the burbs of Chicago that is JP themed, but without the license. It’s one of the coolest/best escape rooms I’ve been to (and I’ve been to a lot). I can’t imagine how cool a Universal themed/budgeted one would be.