Universal’s Superstar Parade | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Superstar Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've always thought they should've added a Land Before Time ride to this area. It's not so relevant now but it should have been added at some point its first decade.

Also, Curious George would make a great little dark ride as well.

Are a lot of you bothered by Mardi Gras music? I enjoy the soundtrack for Mardi Gras. Macy's is annoying yes, but I like Mardi Gras...

I mean, the Mardi Gras is not as bad as Macys... I braved the whole Macy's parade in a horrible spot by Mel's where it felt like I had a speaker right next to my ear, blasting the same tune over and over and over and over and OVER.... It put me in an awful mood actually. The Mardi Gras is not as bad, but they could go through a couple different songs to keep it more interesting and improve the experience.

As first time visitors last month we completely forgot to go to T2...

T2 is easy to miss, tbh. It's not a bad show, but it is tucked away in a corner and easy to miss.

we might be saying bye bye to barney before the end of 2012 though.

You think? Idk... And call me what you want, but I love going through Barney theatre during HHNs :p

T2 is easy to miss, tbh. It's not a bad show, but it is tucked away in a corner and easy to miss.

I agree. It is WAY to easy to miss. I visited US 6-8 times before I ever rode and that was only because a friend of mine (who works somewhere) looked at me like I was crazy when I said I had never been. There should be two double or triple sized metal terminators out front and a massive title sign across the front of the building. Right now it looks like another gift shop.

I agree. It is WAY to easy to miss. I visited US 6-8 times before I ever rode and that was only because a friend of mine (who works somewhere) looked at me like I was crazy when I said I had never been. There should be two double or triple sized metal terminators out front and a massive title sign across the front of the building. Right now it looks like another gift shop.

I'm gonna disagree. The understated nature of the outside is one thing that makes the attraction great. It makes it feel like you're actually walking into Cyberdine's headquarters.

While I agree that the facade is understated for the attraction (although I don't think it's inappropriate considering the theme of the area) we didn't miss it because we were unaware of it, we just missed it because we did other things and then realized that we had forgotten it. For some reason it didn't stick out like the other attractions.

The understated nature of the outside is one thing that makes the attraction great.

What's the point if it is so understated that people miss it or misjudge the book by its cover?

For some reason it didn't stick out like the other attractions.

It certainly does not stick out! The two domed trees in front on the sidewalk don't help.

On another note, I believe the parade would be a great thing for the park's afternoons, especially if it was executed with changing soundtracks for each float. The bottom line is how much $$ value it adds to the park.

Last edited:
Work being done on the parade route

When I was at Universal yesterday I saw all of this construction going on, and I inquired as to why they had portions of the street closed off, and I was informed that work is being done on the parade route.

Take it for what you will.

IMG_20120116_144455.jpg

IMG_20120116_144435.jpg

IMG_20120116_144544.jpg

IMG_20120116_144507.jpg

IMG_20120116_144608.jpg

Yup, the work going on is the "project 3.15AM concrete project". Project 3.15AM is likely the codename for the new parade, as project 3.15PM is the codename for the new lagoon show. Here's the Notice of Commencement:

315am.jpg

You can read all about it at ParkRumors.com... I'm pretty sure someone already posted a link over in the Lagoon Show spec thread though...
http://parkrumors.com/what-is-project-3-15/

Reactions: BJCool
If these were taken yesterday you missed the work already finished on part of the pavement:
IMG0648-XL.jpg

IMG0649-XL.jpg

As we see, more stable concrete with some details like the tracks rather than the cobble stone like concrete. This would make sense for a parade that runs daily as the other stuff did cause the trailers and such to rumble...

Looking back at the first Screamscape post about the lagoon show, they also mentioned the parade rumor there (that was back in September) and that it would feature Despicable Me, The Lorax, and Hop, among others.

This little area has been a problem for Mardi Gras. I imagine it'd cause problems for other (new) parades too, makes sense to fix it.

I'm glad they're adding more stable concrete to this area anyways, it's the only area in the park that walking on it makes my feet hurt. 5-10 minutes of walking on this area and my feet are dead.