Universal Concert Legitimacy? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Concert Legitimacy?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've driven up specifically to see concerts at Universal, especially since the same acts often come down to Miami and play the same show but charge $75-$100 a ticket. No thanks. It's included with my annual pass. :lol:

All of the concerts I have seen at Universal I would consider real concerts. In fact it was because of the Rock the Universe event that I first came to Universal (being a huge Disney fanatic). Many of the bands I have seen play at Universal have put on better performances here than at other venues I have seen them play (the christian band Audio Adrenaline put on one of their best shows at Universal, and less than a month later played what was going to be their final performance in Miami which was terrible). As for the stages, until Universal build the Music Plaza, all of the performances were on temp stages, like the Hollywood stage which is still used and a smaller stage that was on New York street in front of Twister. Also, Disney has more than just the 2 icon stages, especially in the Hollywood Studios park such as the Beauty and the Beast stage, Premiere Theater, Lights Motor Action amphitheater and the Fanatasmic amphitheater which could all be used for "real" concerts. (Side note, the size of the venue does not matter for anyones performance. My favorite show this weekend was at Night of Joy in the Magic Kingdom with the band We As Human who performed on the small stage near Space Mountain).

I've driven up specifically to see concerts at Universal, especially since the same acts often come down to Miami and play the same show but charge $75-$100 a ticket. No thanks. It's included with my annual pass. :lol:
I think the argument of "legitimacy" is more that it's NOT the same show at Universal because of time constraints. With bigger acts like Pitbull, Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato, etc that have performed there, it's much different performing in a concert yard versus an arena.

I think the argument of "legitimacy" is more that it's NOT the same show at Universal because of time constraints. With bigger acts like Pitbull, Kelly Clarkson, Demi Lovato, etc that have performed there, it's much different performing in a concert yard versus an arena.

I agree, I've not been to one at UOR, but going by videos a photos, it's not the same as a headline act bringing their staging, lighting etc. It's more like when a music festival put the acts on during the day who have the same generic lighting, and a 35 min setlist.