Universal Employees Wave Good-bye at Park Closing | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Employees Wave Good-bye at Park Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 10, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Not sure how long Universal has been doing this but I found it pretty cool and thought I'd share. One TM from each attraction stands at the exit and waves good-bye to everyone at the days end. Below you'll find the Islands of Adventure "good-bye crew" from tonight. Wasn't able to snap a shot of the Universal TMs but it's pretty much the same deal. Anyways, I just really like that they do this. Anyone agree?
photo_zps02de8e1c.jpg

It is a pretty charming and thematic touch that is something I would say they pull off better than the way Disney does it because you have one or two representing members from each island or attraction in costume. It helps summerize your day and often some are in a bit of character saying "Goodbye Adventurers!" and "Thanks Heroes for saving the day"

It is a pretty charming and thematic touch that is something I would say they pull off better than the way Disney does it because you have one or two representing members from each island or attraction in costume. It helps summerize your day and often some are in a bit of character saying "Goodbye Adventurers!" and "Thanks Heroes for saving the day"

That's what I thought! It really does summarize your day.

I've seen this before and thought it was touching. Lame, I know.. Same deal at Disney with the big Mickey hands.

My favorite good-bye was after the first time I saw Fantasmic at the Disney-MGM Studios. Many of the characters from shows and attractions around the park were waving good bye from the second story windows on Hollywood Blvd. I only saw this once and know it was quite some time ago as one of the characters was Chopin from the old Hunchback show. Now I would have to say that Universal's employees do a much better job at saying good night than anything at Disney.

This is definitely a very nice touch to wrap up the day at the parks. I've seen them at IoA several times, but never at USF. Whenever I've stayed till park close in the Studios--which is not many times, since I usually end my day at IoA--it's always a cluster*bleep* of people swarming to the exit. Where do they usually stand at USF?

This is definitely a very nice touch to wrap up the day at the parks. I've seen them at IoA several times, but never at USF. Whenever I've stayed till park close in the Studios--which is not many times, since I usually end my day at IoA--it's always a cluster*bleep* of people swarming to the exit. Where do they usually stand at USF?
The USF farewell group also stand by the turnstiles. It may be easy to miss them completely if too many people are exiting the park. But yup, USF has them for sure!

Well, though I've never seen the whole employee crew at USF, the "clickers" and security staff at the exit turnstiles are always very friendly, bidding us good-bye. Next time I'll look for the full employee crew :thumbs:

I get kind of irrationally emotional when the Disney CMs wave goodbye as we're leaving (which you witnessed at Disney Media Day, Johnny), but I've never seen the goodbye lineup at IoA. Which is probably for the best, considering.

I love this. I noticed this for the first time the other week after Cinespec, and couldn't help but smile and be wave back. It sets a pleasant atmosphere during the hustle and bustle of leaving the park. I bet the employes enjoy it to. It's a nice (non-alcoholic lol) way to unwind after a long day I'm sure.