Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Island /Beach/Tropical theme is so played out I guess because well hell I'm local.
In the eyes of an out of towner, they are going to eat this theme up as usual .

Glad it's vertical. Drove by the other day and saw more progression. This is going up quicker than we think! So many Vertical projects in Orlando right now! I hope they go taller in the future.

I wonder what they will name these?

I wonder if August 2019 is attainable for this hotel? Aventura started pretty much the same time as @scott_walker pointed out, but this is going to be much more like Cabana Bay, but much taller. I imagine they'll want it open for before HHN.

I wonder if August 2019 is attainable for this hotel? Aventura started pretty much the same time as @scott_walker pointed out, but this is going to be much more like Cabana Bay, but much taller. I imagine they'll want it open for before HHN.

This is a lot bigger hotel than Aventura though. I think they can have Aventura open well before August, so an August opening for this is possible. If they don't actually open Aventura till August, then I'd say Holidays 2019 would be the earliest we could expect these.

This is a lot bigger hotel than Aventura though. I think they can have Aventura open well before August, so an August opening for this is possible. If they don't actually open Aventura till August, then I'd say Holidays 2019 would be the earliest we could expect these.

Aventura is a lot taller, these buildings are smaller and similar to scale of the Cabana Bay towers (not the new ones).

I’m thinking we may see demolition work, if not vertical construction on the parking lot side hotel before the waterpark side opens.

I’m thinking we may see demolition work, if not vertical construction on the parking lot side hotel before the waterpark side opens.

The timeline for this first hotel matches up pretty well with their last few hotel projects, so a summer 2019 opening seems very likely.

They have already begun filing permits for the parking lot hotel, even though the park side ones were only filed last fall, which gives the impression that they might be trying to move right onto the parking lot hotel as soon as pieces of the first one are done. I will not be surprised if the parking lot hotel has movement in the next few months and goes vertical by year end. They might be targeting a 2020 opening for the second one, though it could also be 2021 given that it will be the largest hotel universal has ever built. If it does open in 2020, it would be the fifth straight year of uni opening 400+ hotel rooms.

Reactions: 12th Man
I'm thinking they will try to use one crew. Once the garages are done, they will move to the other side. Once the hotel foundations are done, those guys can move over. And once this they finish with vertical construction, those guys can move over. That way they can use one crew rather than multiple. Depending on timing, that might allow the Aventura finish crew to go straight to this plot, then across the street.

Reactions: Doug A.