Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did anybody see my post about the fine print? Feel like it got lost a couple pages ago. It confirms what @RichOBJ was saying, the advertised low rates are only promotional rates, for 7+ night stays, in specific rooms during a very specific and brief period of time.
*Minimum of seven (7) night stay required. Promotional discount is based on savings from Value 1 rates at Universal's Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. Promotional rate is valid for stays in a standard view room double occupancy or standard view 2 Bedroom Suite for travel between 9/02/19 - 9/26/19 and 12/01/19 – 12/19/19.

Rates and discounts vary by length of stay, room type, travel dates, season and are subject to availability. Rates are higher on Friday/Saturday and holidays. Rates are per night plus tax and the number of rooms available at these rates is limited.

There are seasons in Florida?

Hurricane season, and not hurricane season.

That walk is similar to walking from Cabana Bay, but over the long Universal Blvd/I-4 bridge. I hope they do some sort of pedestrian bridge over Universal/I-Drive. And the dropoff point being over crowded is a good point, not sure they have much room to expand that unless they completely redo Valet.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Mad Dog
Did anybody see my post about the fine print? Feel like it got lost a couple pages ago. It confirms what @RichOBJ was saying, the advertised low rates are only promotional rates, for 7+ night stays, in specific rooms during a very specific and brief period of time.

Thanks for the clarification. THAT totally makes sense on the price now. That timeframe in Sept. is slow and of course the Dec. rate misses the holiday weeks.

Reactions: Alicia
Thanks for the clarification. THAT totally makes sense on the price now. That timeframe in Sept. is slow and of course the Dec. rate misses the holiday weeks.
It was sent in a mass e-mail to locals in their mailing list and passholders just now. Glad to finally have clarification since none of the articles have mentioned the stipulations yet.

Reactions: Scott W.
Believe it or not, it can get pretty damn chilly in Orlando. We may not get snow, but to call 30-40 degree weather "summer" is pushing it.

Also 7 day promotional rate? Why even bother to post that rate if the hotels won't be open for another 2 years?

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Quick question. Can universal do what Disney does with their Lake next to the Contemporary and do sailboating, paddle boarding and what not in the lake next to the hotel? Would really increase the idea of staying here. Also, within the next few years, this hotel could easily be the hot spot at the resort as it will be in the middle of the two theme parks and the third coming.

Reactions: Coasted
Quick question. Can universal do what Disney does with their Lake next to the Contemporary and do sailboating, paddle boarding and what not in the lake next to the hotel? Would really increase the idea of staying here. Also, within the next few years, this hotel could easily be the hot spot at the resort as it will be in the middle of the two theme parks and the third coming.

I imagine they own the same land that Wet n Wild occupied with the kneeboarding. There’s windsurfing in the concept art I’m sure.

Because seasons change?
And yet there's still snow on top of the buildings at Hogsmeade year round. Explain that...

I saw yours. But that was after mine got lost a couple pages before yours got lost a couple pages ago :tease:

Also- it has this in the fine print:
◊Minimum of seven (7) night stay required. Promotional discount is based on savings from Value 1 rates at Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Surfside Inn and Suites. Promotional rate is valid for stays in a standard view room double occupancy or standard view 2 Bedroom Suite for travel between 9/02/19 - 9/26/19 and 12/01/19 – 12/19/19."

FYI- I saw that under "Terms and Conditions" on this page: Universal Orlando

Reactions: Alicia
I might be in the minority, but I love the name haha. Though I'm sure if you go when it's unseasonably cold or it rains for 5 days straight it might be a point of contention.

That does look like a small pool though... eeeeeeek