Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Between the two, I'm willing to be way, way more people have heard of the movie. No idea who those dudes are

I think you missed my point...I said it reminded me of a boy band name, I then googled it, and WOW LOOK, a Boy band named Endless Summer. I just thought it was funny. No need to get so defensive. We understand you think the name is fine, you've posted it like 10 times already. You do seem to be in the minority though. In the end...who cares what the name is? It's more affordable hotels, which I personally appreciate. Hope those "7 day" rates, aren't too far from the one night stay rates.

Reactions: jrn14 and Ashhanbre
I think the door to the adjoining room is behind it. The surfboard is just decorative I believe.
That makes sense now looking at the picture. I visited CBBR and SF the years they open but my wife prefers the look of these rooms to the concept art for both so think will be easy to convince to stay when these open, for me open in two seperate years is just an excuse for two different trips.

This is a hotel where I'll probably get a suite, even though it's just two of us staying there. With the kitchenette and extra space it'll be worth the upcharge, and still be considerably less money than the Disney hotels I stay at.

I am going to guess the non-suite rooms will not have a fridge, which is super important to me on vacations. I loved that my room at Cabana Bay did last time, but for some reason the more expensive Portofino DID NOT!?!

All hotel rooms should have fridges these days. I refuse to go back to the old days of making a make shift beer cooler out of the waste basket/ice machine. Can you at least "request" one at Portafino?

Is it still not worthwhile for Universal to begin its version of Magical Express? I wonder how much of a hassle it is for people to get from the airport to these many hotels.

Last time I flew into Orlando, the line to get on the "magical express" was so long, that if I were staying on site, I would have just paid for a private service.

Thankfully I live in Florida, so that's not necessary.

Reactions: Teebin
Is it still not worthwhile for Universal to begin its version of Magical Express? I wonder how much of a hassle it is for people to get from the airport to these many hotels.
They already do, just not free (yet)

Universal SuperStar Shuttle Service
Universal Parks & Resorts Vacations - Deals- Deal Page

EDIT: Pricing details via Touring Plans:

The shuttle costs $35 round-trip per person (kids under age 3 ride free). Guests arriving between 7 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. get to use a concierge welcome desk inside the airport terminal's Universal Studios store; those with earlier or later flights will need to call 1-407-513-4455 for pickup. SuperStar service will not deliver luggage to your room like Disney's Magical Express, so you'll need to retrieve it from baggage claim yourself, but child car seats are provided if requested when booking. SuperStar airport transfers can be added to a Universal Vacation reservation by calling 1-866-604-7557.

Reactions: Teebin and Mad Dog
Since this will be at a lower price point than the existing "Prime Value" category which has Aventura and Cabana Bay, do we know if they are going to introduce a new category or maybe move some of the hotels to different ones? Something like, Prime Value: Aventura, Endless Summer; Preferred: Cabana Bay, Sapphire Falls; Premier: Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock? It never made sense for Royal Pacific to be "Preferred" when it shares the Unlimited Express option of the Premiere hotels anyway.

If they can maintain that loss for a couple of years and put it across all queen rooms then a bunch of other properties in that area will suffer. Could be a move to pick up more land at distressed rates.
I wonder what the debt load is on the surrounding properties, if they can't service it then a savvy communications company with great cash flow looking to spread their real estate holdings just may be able to pick up a bargain or two.

The REALLY low rates are for a very short time period. So unless they stretch that to year round I don't see it impacting other hotels that much except for those specific time frames. Also, I would be incredibly surprised if Uni extends those prices to other timeframes — there's really no need to, even in the case of driving out other hotels.

Lastly, talked to a local hotel broker and they said if Uni's strategy was to drive out other competition, they would face a lawsuit based on predatory pricing. Of course, the other hotels need to prove it. But if all of a sudden a local major corp opens a product at a CRAZY low price where they have little history of doing it elsewhere, while just so happens to have a major addition (the 500 acres) under development with plans for more hotels that could seem a bit fishy for a court. Many of those hotels may be gone before such a suit is ever heard, but it wouldn't be good PR for said company.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Since this will be at a lower price point than the existing "Prime Value" category which has Aventura and Cabana Bay, do we know if they are going to introduce a new category or maybe move some of the hotels to different ones? Something like, Prime Value: Aventura, Endless Summer; Preferred: Cabana Bay, Sapphire Falls; Premier: Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock? It never made sense for Royal Pacific to be "Preferred" when it shares the Unlimited Express option of the Premiere hotels anyway.

My guess is that Cabana Bay is now considered "moderate"...likely will see price increases as well. Would love if they included Express Pass like at the higher end hotels, but that's probably not going to happen.

The REALLY low rates are for a very short time period. So unless they stretch that to year round I don't see it impacting other hotels that much except for those specific time frames. Also, I would be incredibly surprised if Uni extends those prices to other timeframes — there's really no need to, even in the case of driving out other hotels.

Lastly, talked to a local hotel broker and they said if Uni's strategy was to drive out other competition, they would face a lawsuit based on predatory pricing. Of course, the other hotels need to prove it. But if all of a sudden a local major corp opens a product at a CRAZY low price where they have little history of doing it elsewhere, while just so happens to have a major addition (the 500 acres) under development with plans for more hotels that could seem a bit fishy for a court. Many of those hotels may be gone before such a suit is ever heard, but it wouldn't be good PR for said company.

I don’t know of many people who would cry over the loss of the flea bags on I-Drive

I don’t know of many people who would cry over the loss of the flea bags on I-Drive

At $111 a night, even the better quality, non-flea bag hotels would be in jeopardy. Heck it could even stifle the investment of new properties. Then you have a development issue that not only drive out existing hotels, but stops new development. That could be a big issue for local business/government.

November of last year Universal's press release for the new resorts mentioned the pricing "starting at less than $100 per night." Like you mentioned yesterday the $73 deal is just a promotional rate they're doing at opening to to create buzz, (and it's working since I saw the news saying it was the price for the hotel without mentioning the restrictions on dates, etc.) But, around 100/night is still good too. That's what All Stars is when booked during off-season or through special deals, so it's comparable to Disney's "value" resorts.

I can see $99 as their base price after the promo rates end. Sounds good in ads, (not so low they go out of business lol.)

I would think it's the "partner" hotels that UOR helps sell vacation packages for, that will be hit the hardest. If UOR can provide it's own "cheap" lodging, it won't need "partners".

I can see $99 as their base price after the promo rates end. Sounds good in ads, (not so low they go out of business lol.)

If they stick to those prices longterm, then that's one helluva strategy by Uni. I've just followed too many public companies to know that any distressed asset (in this case a hotel charging lower and potentially losing money) is frowned upon. Don't know. I just give any major corp with shareholders the suspicious look when something is TOO good. :eek:O:

Reactions: SeventyOne
This is a hotel where I'll probably get a suite, even though it's just two of us staying there. With the kitchenette and extra space it'll be worth the upcharge, and still be considerably less money than the Disney hotels I stay at.

I am going to guess the non-suite rooms will not have a fridge, which is super important to me on vacations. I loved that my room at Cabana Bay did last time, but for some reason the more expensive Portofino DID NOT!?!
Portofino "finally" added fridges last year. We had one on our last vacation. They replaced the pay for "snack area" with the fridges. It was nice to have one.