Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal has filed for height approvals from the FAA for Dockside construction cranes.

They haven't yet been approved, but the applications do list the intended dates of work:
East Garage: 09/04/2018 to 10/15/2018
North Tower: 09/13/2018 to 04/02/2019
South Tower: 02/21/2019 to 08/01/2019
South Garage: 08/02/2019 to 09/25/2019

Just my own opinion, but this looks like it could be a monster hit with the public. Until the new park opens, the only negatives I can see are:

1- Transportation - They really need a dedicated lane to get over and back to the main campus
2- Size - At the end of a long day it has the potential to be a VERY long walk from the bus to your room...

Once the new park opens, you'll be on the good side of the tracks :)

Reactions: Coasted
Just my own opinion, but this looks like it could be a monster hit with the public. Until the new park opens, the only negatives I can see are:

1- Transportation - They really need a dedicated lane to get over and back to the main campus
2- Size - At the end of a long day it has the potential to be a VERY long walk from the bus to your room...

How does the new park opening change either of those negatives?

We've heard rumors of a significant transportation upgrade once the new park comes online

I will no doubt stay here, the multi bedroom suite is outstanding

Also, I see this as the transportation hub connecting the midpoint between the new park and original parks

Let's hear more about this transportation stuff. I think it's the linch pin to the whole enchilada. Meaning site B

Last edited:
Reactions: Galaxy Defender
We've heard rumors of a significant transportation upgrade once the new park comes online

I will no doubt stay here, the multi bedroom suite is outstanding

Also, I see this as the transportation hub connecting the midpoint between the new park and original parks

A two bedroom suite for just over $100/night with all the perks? Sign me up as well. Not that it matters but I'm assuming UNI Express is not included? At that price point, I wouldn't expect it to be included.

Reactions: shiekra38
A two bedroom suite for just over $100/night with all the perks? Sign me up as well. Not that it matters but I'm assuming UNI Express is not included? At that price point, I wouldn't expect it to be included.
Universal Express may be the most worthless thing at the resort

So I was thinking, with Aventura and these two new hotels, the already overcrowded bus and pickup/dropoff area is only going to get worse. They don't have much land to fix this issue on the current campus and I personally think there's only one way to actually fix it - Build up on the existing Valet parking lot.

They would still be able to have Valet, but if they built a rather small garage, they could use the second and third level for Valet, while in turn converting the current ground valet lot into a pickup/dropoff lot. That would allow pickup/dropoff to be more streamlined and for there to be more room for buses. Or perhaps they would do buses at this area and keep pickup/drop off at the current, larger area.

Either way, something needs to change. This area was opened in 1999 and designed for crowds far lower than what Universal is currently seeing. Universal has grown and with that, they need to update their infrastructure to support the amount of guests coming to the resort. No matter what they do, it seems they will have to build up.

Either way, something needs to change. This area was opened in 1999 and designed for crowds far lower than what Universal is currently seeing. Universal has grown and with that, they need to update their infrastructure to support the amount of guests coming to the resort. No matter what they do, it seems they will have to build up.

There's been a persistent rumor that major changes are coming to the transportation hub but at this point I wonder if it'll actually happen.

And it's not just Universal that's grown but the demographics of visitors has too. More and more locals are going to the park in addition to guests from Cabana Bay and now Endless Summer. The new security set up is the most efficient in Orlando (nay, any park I've been to) but can it handle even more guests?

Reactions: Nick and jtsalien
So I was thinking, with Aventura and these two new hotels, the already overcrowded bus and pickup/dropoff area is only going to get worse. They don't have much land to fix this issue on the current campus and I personally think there's only one way to actually fix it - Build up on the existing Valet parking lot.

They would still be able to have Valet, but if they built a rather small garage, they could use the second and third level for Valet, while in turn converting the current ground valet lot into a pickup/dropoff lot. That would allow pickup/dropoff to be more streamlined and for there to be more room for buses. Or perhaps they would do buses at this area and keep pickup/drop off at the current, larger area.

There's been a persistent rumor that major changes are coming to the transportation hub but at this point I wonder if it'll actually happen.

One word: Gondolas.

Actually, I wonder if they could work with Orlando to build a light rail that would connect the airport to the parks and also have park/resort/park connections? That might be way too ambitions, though.

One word: Gondolas.

Actually, I wonder if they could work with Orlando to build a light rail that would connect the airport to the parks and also have park/resort/park connections? That might be way too ambitions, though.
Something like HE wouldn't be too far out of the question...There are plenty of options for transportation

It may be worth their while to connect to the Convention Center so folks could go from there to CityWalk 1 or 2

Reactions: SkiBum

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts