Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Where's Doc Brown and his flying train when we need him?

latest

There's been a persistent rumor that major changes are coming to the transportation hub but at this point I wonder if it'll actually happen.

And it's not just Universal that's grown but the demographics of visitors has too. More and more locals are going to the park in addition to guests from Cabana Bay and now Endless Summer. The new security set up is the most efficient in Orlando (nay, any park I've been to) but can it handle even more guests?
I vacation at Universal every May since 2011. I've never seen the two parks as crowded, and the stand by lines as long, as they were this year. I felt bad for the people who didn't have Express. Lots of long lines (except for F&F), even though the weather was constantly threatening. . Universal really needs to add more capacity. Not just replacing rides with new attractions, but "adding" rides. Our good friend Dave (Disneyhead) & I were just talking about that while having a glass of wine on our Portofino balcony. He had the family in the parks celebrating graduations and had to get Express passes to get the rides in since the lines were so long.

I vacation at Universal every May since 2011. I've never seen the two parks as crowded, and the stand by lines as long, as they were this year. I felt bad for the people who didn't have Express. Lots of long lines (except for F&F), even though the weather was constantly threatening. . Universal really needs to add more capacity. Not just replacing rides with new attractions, but "adding" rides. Our good friend Dave (Disneyhead) & I were just talking about that while having a glass of wine on our Portofino balcony. He had the family in the parks celebrating graduations and had to get Express passes to get the rides in since the lines were so long.
I've felt for a while that Universal has been working on capacity. Kong and the upcoming JP coaster expand capacity. Fallon and Fast are both high-capacity rides with large air conditions indoor queues. I've given them a pass so far because I feel like they used screens to increase capacity quickly.

Much more capacity needs to be added and ride quality needs to be better, but I'd like to think they are moving in the right direction. Extending the hours and adding nighttime offerings to spread out the crowds over the day will also help.

:lol:

Having never heard of the movie, it does seem well reviewed:

The Endless Summer (1966) - Rotten Tomatoes

Movie had a great commentary on life and what is worth doing. I really liked it due to the surfer life vibe.
They really licensed the name from a third party?
Two thoughts - they couldn't come up with something on their own??

The contract better say "in perpetuity"

Reactions: Scott W.
Still pretty damn impressive. The only difference I can think of between 8 and 10 years ago is that we didn’t have any HP yet. I wonder what this will look like five years from now...

I think the real changes will be in the parks as the resort is pretty crammed as it is. Another hotel could pop up.

Arrrggghhhhh! Dreams shattered!

Can I have his job please? License brands and kick back to count the checks as they roll in.

On another thought, do you always read the mice type?

Almost never. I had done a search for UCF Hotel Venture and the pdf appeared in the search results.

Reactions: JoeCamel