Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's actually been dry the entire year except for the past 3 weeks.

Just a few years ago, Florida was in a really bad drought and I had read that it was dry this year. Even where I live, I don't like to complain about the rain because it might turn into a drought. We haven't had a truly dry summer in a number of years and that is okay with me.

So long as it doesn't rain in one particular week in November. I booked two months later than last year to avoid another hurricane.

I know that it has been stated already but they are really moving construction along. That or they are completing the easy part. Seems like it was just a bare area a couple months ago.

we had a very dry winter/spring, so the last few weeks of rain have been "good" for the environment. Despite it being a pain.

That is interesting as that is how the Contemporary was also put together. Better hope that you don't have the plans upside down when you start assembling.
The most dreaded words in the English language

1*zZP4Zwnpy6rHCq-smmd7Ow.png

Reactions: SkiBum and Mad Dog
That is interesting as that is how the Contemporary was also put together. Better hope that you don't have the plans upside down when you start assembling.
The contemporary wasn't a pre-fab. The rooms were but the building itself was not. It was built up and the pre-built rooms were slid into place. (It was called modular construction). It didn't save money but time. Here it's the opposite. The walls are pre-fab but the rooms are assembled as normal.

Reactions: JoeCamel
The contemporary wasn't a pre-fab. The rooms were but the building itself was not. It was built up and the pre-built rooms were slid into place. (It was called modular construction). It didn't save money but time. Here it's the opposite. The walls are pre-fab but the rooms are assembled as normal.

Dang, that is correct. Forgot about that. I found it interesting that they initially thought that they could pull rooms and put them in when needed for maintenance. Didn't quite work out that way.

Dang, that is correct. Forgot about that. I found it interesting that they initially thought that they could pull rooms and put them in when needed for maintenance. Didn't quite work out that way.
That was an urban myth. The rooms were never designed to be pulled back out. Once in they were permanent. The modular allowed them to construct the entire Contemporary in 90 days (Lesser known, the Poly also was modular. And the off-site Court of Flags was also modular, rooms were built at Disney at trucked over).