Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

And just like Butterbeer, if people are still paying it, it'll probably keep going up. Cabana is a great resort, so I don't mind personally.

Especially with the AP discount. I will say that other than first year of operation, CB has not gone up too much. Can still get a tower suite during HHN time for 144 with the discount.

That's just too complicated. Maybe SF rooms might be $20 more but it'll be in the same rank.

Honestly, I just see it simply as this:

Prime Value Resorts
Universal Endless Summer Resort
- Dockside
- Surfside

Value Resorts
Universal's Adventura Hotel
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

Moderate Resorts
Loew's Sapphire Fall's
Loew's Royal Pacific

Premium Resorts
Loews Portofino Bay Resort
Hard Rock Hotel

__

Divided up into four simple categories, and all can be explained easy when needed too, to not confuse how things are represented for the resorts. But perhaps, that's just how I see things

What's the current info about resort-wide transportation other than a bus? When the fourth gate opens?

Prime Value Resorts
- Dockside
- Surfside

Value Resorts

Moderate Resorts
Loew's Sapphire Fall's
Loew's Royal Pacific

Premium Resorts
Hard Rock Hotel

__

Divided up into four simple categories, and all can be explained easy when needed too, to not confuse how things are represented for the resorts. But perhaps, that's just how I see things

Cabana and Adventura would be Prime Value.

Prime Value Resorts
- Dockside
- Surfside

Value Resorts

Moderate Resorts
Loew's Sapphire Fall's
Loew's Royal Pacific

Premium Resorts
Hard Rock Hotel

__

I like that. But then they get into me(and probably some others) whining about SF not getting express. Nice and simple if you have a water taxi at your hotel you get express

I'm saying that CB/Aventura are Prime Value. Endless would just be Value.

Yeah, pretty sure an AP email I got called the WnW plot hotels as UNIs first value resort.

I guess it makes sense that they eventually have ‘labels’ or categories that folks understand...kind of like $$$ symbols on restaurant options at some places.

Steve Niles on Theme Park Insider has a story entitled Universal Orlando doubles down on volume pricing with new hotel rates. He points out the theme parks have had volume pricing on park tickets for years. The closest that hotels have used is you get a special rate when you stay X days or longer.

Now Universal is emphasizing the same concept with hotel rates. To get the best hotel rate involves a 7-Day stay. The advantage is that the hotel rate is amazing, better than many of the rates on I Drive.

This does have the potential to be a game-changer. It will certainly encourage some guests to stay longer on Universal property, just as practically free days added on to your ticket encourages you to stay at the parkd longer.

It will be interesting to see if this is rolled out to all the resorts or if this is just an experiment at the new ones.

Universal Orlando doubles down on volume pricing with new hotel rates

Last edited:
Steve Niles on Theme Park Insider has a story entitled Universal Orlando doubles down on volume pricing with new hotel rates. He points out the theme parks have had volume pricing on park tickets for years. The closest that hotels have used is you get a special rate when you stay X days or longer.

Now Universal is emphasizing the same concept with hotel rates. To get the best hotel rate involves a 7-Day stay. The advantage is that the hotel rate is amazing, better than many of the rates on I Drive.

This does have the potential to be a game-changer. It will certainly encourage some guests to stay longer on Universal property, just as practically free days added on to your ticket encourages you to stay at the park longer.

It will be interesting to see if this is ruled out to all the resorts or if this is just an experiment at the new ones.

Great article. The comments below it though, are written by the type of people who drive me crazy. You’d think that staying at UO for seven nights or more was some sign of mental illness, according to these folks. My wife and I stay for 2 weeks and never get bored of the place!!
They all fail (whether deliberately or not) to acknowledge that Universal is also prepping for the future here as well as improving the options for what’s currently in place.

Great article. The comments below it though, are written by the type of people who drive me crazy. You’d think that staying at UO for seven nights or more was some sign of mental illness, according to these folks. My wife and I stay for 2 weeks and never get bored of the place!!
They all fail (whether deliberately or not) to acknowledge that Universal is also prepping for the future here as well as improving the options for what’s currently in place.
I did read those comments. When there are three dry parks and two water parks the 7 day rates will be more appealing.

Has anyone tried the new resort reservations adding on a day at a time? It would be interesting to see how the rates change.

TPI is primarily a Disney fan oriented site. Their forum posters nearly always talk s _ _ t on Universal. ...Myself, I've been doing 10 - 14 nights on Universal property for a good number of years. With CitiWalk, and the parks, there's plenty to do on a easy going leisurely pace....And, concerning hotels. Last year I booked Sapphire for the first phase of my vacation before I moved over to Portofino. And while I was at that less expensive non Express Pass hotel, I took advantage of a Disney ticket special and hopped up to WDW for 4 day trips. With these really inexpensive new hotels, Adventura and Surfside/Dockside, I could see a good number of tourists staying at Universal as their hub and taking a few day trips to WDW. Kind of the opposite of what happens with Disney on site guests popping down to Universal for a day.

Myself, I've been doing 10 - 14 nights on Universal property for a good number of years. With CitiWalk, and the parks, there's plenty to do on a easy going leisurely pace....And, concerning hotels. Last year I booked Sapphire for the first phase of my vacation before I moved over to Portofino. And while I was at that less expensive non Express Pass hotel, I took advantage of a Disney ticket special and hopped up to WDW for 4 day trips.

Well, aren't you special? Just kidding. I have always stayed at Disney resorts but have really started thinking about staying at UNI, if only for a few days. I really want to stay at Portofino but haven't yet as we always do Disney. Plus, Sapphire Falls.

You have just described one of Walt Disney World's worst nightmares.

Exactly. They used to count on it being the reverse.

This does have the potential to be a game-changer. It will certainly encourage some guests to stay longer on Universal property, just as practically free days added on to your ticket encourages you to stay at the parkd longer.

It will be interesting to see if this is rolled out to all the resorts or if this is just an experiment at the new ones.

Does Niles buy his own rooms because this has been offered for YEARS through Loews, it’s really nothing new.

Does Niles buy his own rooms because this has been offered for YEARS through Loews, it’s really nothing new.
Correct....I seem to recall him in the past saying he stayed with family when he visited Orlando. So he just may not know what he's talking about when it comes to the Loews "Stay More Save More" discounts combined with various seasonal rates that have been the norm for a long time.....Of course, perhaps he gets some freebie rooms in return for glowing reviews.;)..Just kidding on that point. ;):lol:

Even if it is nothing new it is still something that can be better used with the addition of more Universal parks. Guests much less likely to hotel hop if staying in one hotel brings your rates down significantly. Hopefully this program gets more attention and promotion, keeping more guests on Universal Property.