Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Holy crap, they've started clearing and putting pilings in on the former parking lot side (I guess the Dockside) now! They are wasting no time on these...

Hotels make a lot of money and helps 'lock' guests into multi- day stays. That is a lot of incentive to get projects like this done as quickly as possible. Even Disney builds their resorts quicker than attraction development.

Interesting that they are going with a phased opening. Guess it opens faster. Maybe they are testing the demand with Surfside before moving in with more towers?

They're going full steam. Construction should start soon if they're planning on opening Dockside in 2020. Speaking of the devil:

It looks like the blue office building in the Wet ‘n Wild parking lot is not long for this world.

There will always be a market for non theme park hotels on I-Drive and in other places in the area. Not everyone wants to stay on park property where they may have to pay extra fees for things they don't want. Also anyone with hotel loyalty points wants the option of using them close to a park since they can't use them on park property.

When I used to come to Orlando as a visitor I would book any of the Marriott properties around because I could earn points or redeem points and it was often much cheaper than the park hotels with no parking charges.

Of course it could all just be the owner thinking ahead spending the $15 million to buy the place and saying he is going to put another $4 million in improvements, just to sweeten a possible buyout deal later on...

Uni needs to knock down that stupid Sheraton building.
Agreed. That thing is an eyesore. If we ever book rooms at ES, I'll have to ask that our view not contain that thing, lol.
Blow it up! Blow it up! Blow it up! Blow it up!...

What does everyone have against the Sheraton building? It seems pretty innocuous from these photos. What aspects of it are making all of you want to take a bulldozer to it?

What does everyone have against the Sheraton building? It seems pretty innocuous from these photos. What aspects of it are making all of you want to take a bulldozer to it?

I always thought it was a cool looking building. For the longest time I thought it was a part of USF as the top looked incredibly similar to the original USF globe.

Screen-Shot-2014-07-08-at-6.57.03-PM.png

23004d77_z.jpg

Reactions: JoeCamel