Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

To bring something from the DnT that I find interesting for these two hotels..

...the fact it's under a 100 dollars is a steal; as it will cripple a lot of the I-Drive hotels next to DnT. And in a sense, I think that's Universal/Comcast's goal, so they can buy the properties over there to have more control of that area. But that's where I'm at.

Color me interested to find out more, with the hotel opening possibly by 2019 of-course.

Fingers crossed the real thing looks nicer than that, look like a grey Swan and Dolphin!

To @scott_walker and @Alexshow 's points on the transport. I assume it'll be room keys or Express Pass Style photo ID to board the bus.

Disney don't have this issue so much because the resorts don't have people just walking past.

The larger one is going to be really big. AKL or Newport Bay (in DLP) length walks to the lobby. Can't argue on the price though.

Looks like Universal listened to what people said and made the pool look less vagina like.

That image has not left me.. :saywhat:

re: theme and generic look

A lot of hotels look bland from the 500 ft view provided. Don’t worry about it yet. We’ll get more looks at the rooms, lobby, and amenities that will add more character and charm to the property.

To be honest, that's what I'm curious of the most about the hotels at this point. I agree, of that once we get better looks of the hotels, it'll be better than what people expect right now.

Fingers crossed the real thing looks nicer than that, look like a grey Swan and Dolphin!

To @scott_walker and @Alexshow 's points on the transport. I assume it'll be room keys or Express Pass Style photo ID to board the bus.

Disney don't have this issue so much because the resorts don't have people just walking past.

I mean, if it's less than $100, what more do you want? :lol:

A lot about these hotels is interesting and many topics to discuss:

-Buildings look somewhat similar to each other so are they trying to pull a Swan & Dolphin with 2 hotels acting under 1 theme?
-Transportation: Will both hotels have the same shuttle stop or will they be separate? Will the city allow for designated bus lanes between the short ride over to Universal property?

I know they have 2 food courts, but is it possible that a table service restaurant will be added for BOTH hotels? Maybe a third party like Chili's or something else?

If you're a tourist, here's your choice....*Stay at a Brand New VALUE priced well themed Universal /Lowes hotel with lots of amenities (themed areas, large pools, lush landscaping, new restaurants, entertainment, convenient and easy transportation to the Universal campus)...OR...stay at a much older hotel with few amenities and spotty fairly inconvenient transportation to Universal for about the same price as the New Universal Resort hotels..............Bottom line.Many of the I Drive hotels will be history.

We already have Cabana Bay, Saphire Falls, and Royal Pacfic. The themes already revolve around the beach, ocean. Couldn't they come up with something different.

A lot about these hotels is interesting and many topics to discuss:

-Buildings look somewhat similar to each other so are they trying to pull a Swan & Dolphin with 2 hotels acting under 1 theme?
-Transportation: Will both hotels have the same shuttle stop or will they be separate? Will the city allow for designated bus lanes between the short ride over to Universal property?

I know they have 2 food courts, but is it possible that a table service restaurant will be added for BOTH hotels? Maybe a third party like Chili's or something else?

Fair question to ask, has Universal done a third party for one of their resort's main table service?

I can actually say I'm not on board with this. I've been on board with every other hotel project not this one..

However, this will bring great value for their hotel offerings. They will stay crowded at the current speculated price rate.

9,000 rooms is almost to that goal. I though they were bluffing...

Kudos to them.

Last edited:
re: theme and generic look

A lot of hotels look bland from the 500 ft view provided. Don’t worry about it yet. We’ll get more looks at the rooms, lobby, and amenities that will add more character and charm to the property.

I don’t know why anyone is worrying in the first place. It’s a sub-$100 room that’s off-site from either property and you have to bus to the parks.
Anyone expecting incredible- or even moderate theming is going to be disappointed.

Look at pop, all stars- and honestly, AoA (which I feel is extremely overrated- it’s still a S-hole). Doors on the outside, crappy dingy rooms- AoA has an “ok” pool- the other ones suck.
Compare those to this, and this is WAY better. Theming here will be generic and bland- as it should be for a sub $100 room. But you’ll get Loews service, inside-corridors/doors, and the pools are significantly better.

Are these huge? Oh ya. Will pools be crowded and lobby’s be busy? Yup. But if you want quaint, better service and better theming- then pony up more than $100. Can’t have champagne taste on that beer budget.
But as a value and quality comparison vs Disney- this is significantly better.

I don’t know why anyone is worrying in the first place. It’s a sub-$100 room that’s off-site from either property and you have to bus to the parks.
Anyone expecting incredible theming is going to be disappointed.

Look at pop, all stars- and honestly, AoA (which I feel is extremely overrated- it’s still a S-hole). Doors on the outside, crappy dingy rooms- AoA has an “ok” pool- the other ones suck.
Compare those to this, and this is WAY better. Theming here will be generic and bland- as it should be for a sub $100 room. But you’ll get Loews service, inside-corridors/doors, and the pools are significantly better.
Are these huge? Oh ya. Will pools be crowded and lobby’s be busy? Yup. But if you want quaint, better service and better theming- then pony up more than $100. Can’t have champagne taste on that beer budget. But as a value comparison vs Disney- this is significantly better.

Have you seen the renovated rooms at POP? While the All Stars are dingy, I feel like the theming makes it unique and fun.
Whats the big deal with outside corridors? That has never been a deal breaker for me.