Universal Fan Fest Nights - Coming 2025 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Fan Fest Nights - Coming 2025

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
View attachment 23643

Website has now been updated with WWoHP added in (and with Star Trek also updated to represented what has been already brought up of it being based with The Next Generation).
And I missed this; but the website has also been updated with additional context (and the fact that anime is still being presented as a major element).

1727372651888.png

And USH has a lot of things that USJ just straight up doesn't have, period. We shouldn't flatten the parks into a single mono-experience that's exactly the same across the board. I get that theme parks are guilty of nickel-and-diming people, but I don't think this is an example of that at all.
If these are the same shows and meet and greets
Then I hope they become apart of the park....no idea how this is a crazy idea since once again another park in Japan does it.

I know and not excepting any of the rumored Anime or Star Trek stuff to stay,
I get it they paid for those they need things at this event to be only here but Universal stuff, I'm hoping we get some of these in parks after...its an easy way to improve the park and you already made the money upfront.
I'm not even saying have it every day but you do this back to school event, summer etc then bring them back out for limited time.

If these are the same shows and meet and greets
Then I hope they become apart of the park....no idea how this is a crazy idea since once again another park in Japan does it.

I know and not excepting any of the rumored Anime or Star Trek stuff to stay,
I get it they paid for those they need things at this event to be only here but Universal stuff, I'm hoping we get some of these in parks after...its an easy way to improve the park and you already made the money upfront.
I'm not even saying have it every day but you do this back to school event, summer etc then bring them back out for limited time.
Chucky is a Universal property. He only comes out at HHN. Maybe there's some merch in the stores throughout the year, but there's no Chucky experience outside of HHN, not even during daytime park hours during the Halloween season. He is behind a paywall, essentially. Why aren't you also complaining about this?

Chucky always gets the short end of the stick. But that's not a height joke.

How is this any different than what they do at HHN? The Universal Monsters are park IP but Saskia Van Helsing isn't walking around the park during the day.
Because a headless corpse would be frowned upon by most day guests?

Also USH used to have 2004's Van Helsing as a walk-around photo-op character (along with other Universal Monsters further back than that)

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Chucky is a Universal property. He only comes out at HHN. Maybe there's some merch in the stores throughout the year, but there's no Chucky experience outside of HHN, not even during daytime park hours during the Halloween season. He is behind a paywall, essentially. Why aren't you also complaining about this?
Thats not one to one what we are talking about

If Universal makes a castle show and its free at one park, then the other parks should be the same. The RND has been paid for and you can now put it in all your park
In This case its meet and greet characters that Japan paid for and let guests have for a normal ticket price

If Universal makes a castle show and its free at one park, then the other parks should be the same. The RND has been paid for and you can now put it in all your park
In This case its meet and greet characters that Japan paid for and let guests have for a normal ticket price
I don't know how else to say that these are different parks operating in different countries with different priorities and guests. what you're describing simply isn't how this works and, frankly, I can't imagine why you'd want it to work this way.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I don't know how else to say that these are different parks operating in different countries with different priorities and guests. what you're describing simply isn't how this works and, frankly, I can't imagine why you'd want it to work this way.
We literally get meet and greet characters that appear on both coasts and the castle show is an example of the theme parks being connected

But if you guys want to pay Universal to meet these characters only and never see them again, that's your opinion

For me I would like the money spend on this event and anything that can come to the park after, great more things to do.

Recent example is Doc Brown was only a character you could meet on the VIP tour for the 60th and now he's just a walk around character in the park

Because a headless corpse would be frowned upon by most day guests?
The point is, theme parks have ticketed after-hours event that feature content and experiences that you don't get during normal hours. It's a standard practice that we all opt in to because the experiences are enjoyable. This event will be no different.

Thats not one to one what we are talking about

It is one to one. To use your exact words, having a general admission Chucky experience is an easy way to improve the park and you already made the money upfront. I'm not even saying have it every day but you do this back to school event, summer etc then bring him back out for limited time. The RND has been paid for and you can now put it in all your park.

You have to pay extra to see Chucky. End of story. But it apparently doesn't bother you, while this does? It makes no sense.

It doesn't matter if this is an everyday thing at Universal Japan because Universal Japan and Universal Hollywood are different parks that offer different experiences to their guests. As a person living in America, your opportunity to have this Niffler meet and greet is to either pay money to go to Japan, or pay for a ticket to this event. Seems like a fair choice to me!

I'd choose paying for Japan because of the food alone. Plus Hello Kitty has her own theme park.

If they keep insisting on using the word "anime", they better have a significant announcement on the way. Because even the minimum of what Japan does regularly in their parks (which is not separately ticketed) would be amazing.

If they keep insisting on using the word "anime", they better have a significant announcement on the way. Because even the minimum of what Japan does regularly in their parks (which is not separately ticketed) would be amazing.
Part of me is genuinely wondering about One Piece. Strobl would very much be seeing the success USJ seemingly has with One Piece Summer Fest, and I wonder if they could figure out a way to bring that specific show to the west (with localization updates and translations of certain effects).

We literally get meet and greet characters that appear on both coasts and the castle show is an example of the theme parks being connected

But if you guys want to pay Universal to meet these characters only and never see them again, that's your opinion

For me I would like the money spend on this event and anything that can come to the park after, great more things to do.

Recent example is Doc Brown was only a character you could meet on the VIP tour for the 60th and now he's just a walk around character in the park
Honestly, why is this even a discussion? We’re talking about meet and greet characters? Disneyland does the same with their Halloween event with characters that aren’t out and about during daytime hours and I’ve heard zero complaints about that. You pay the premium, you get to enjoy this new event. Fan Fest Nights is also, literally, not just about meet and greet characters; you’re paying for the extra experiences/attractions they are going to offer.

Honestly, why is this even a discussion? We’re talking about meet and greet characters? Disneyland does the same with their Halloween event with characters that aren’t out and about during daytime hours and I’ve heard zero complaints about that. You pay the premium, you get to enjoy this new event. Fan Fest Nights is also, literally, not just about meet and greet characters; you’re paying for the extra experiences/attractions they are going to offer.
I think by now that should be already seen--considering what they spoke of with Star Trek specifically.

Reactions: Michael S
Part of me is genuinely wondering about One Piece. Strobl would very much be seeing the success USJ seemingly has with One Piece Summer Fest, and I wonder if they could figure out a way to bring that specific show to the west (with localization updates and translations of certain effects).
Not saying I've got my Roronoa Zoro shirt ready & waiting, but.... the green hair dye in my cabinet would suggest otherwise.

Now I just gotta get a good replica of his triple-earing

Not saying I've got my Roronoa Zoro shirt ready & waiting, but.... the green hair dye in my cabinet would suggest otherwise.

Now I just gotta get a good replica of his triple-earing

One Piece at WaterWorld would also have a close-proximity benefit to Hollywood & Dine & the Laemmle Bar. Imagine the food and drink options they could make with the show that close.

One Piece at WaterWorld would also have a close-proximity benefit to Hollywood & Dine & the Laemmle Bar. Imagine the food and drink options they could make with the show that close.
How dare you try to activate the fanboy hype.
Gingerbread Man Shrek GIF

• Haha
How dare you try to activate the fanboy hype.
Gingerbread Man Shrek GIF
lord-farquaad.gif

Part of my charm.

I wonder if the paywall that the event will bring, will allow them to revist an old concept for BTTF. While we can guess what if it will be, I honestly wonder if they're ressurecting a rumored concept from Studio Tour 50. That being the live show infront of Courthouse Square.

It'd be interesting to see the rationale being that they could justify it due to it being a paid event, atleast in my thinking.