Universal Fan Fest Nights - Coming 2025 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Fan Fest Nights - Coming 2025

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally giving a response to this. I think this is fantastic! I’m really curious to see how this will go!

I don’t know how exactly the “dynamics” of this event will go, but at the very least I would LOVE to see Simpsons overlayed to BTTF: The Ride. That alone would be worth the hard ticketed price for me!

For now I’m speculating….

-BTTF overlay for Simpsons or Minions (HOPEFULLY Simpsons!)
-Star Trek show at DWT
-D&D walk thru at TWDA.

But do we know if the featured IPs will just be D&D, BTTF, and Star Trek? Will there be more featured?
This, plus a One Piece show at Waterworld, perhaps some limited things at Nintendo World and Wizarding World, could make for a really solid lineup. Maybe an additional walk-through on the lower lot as well to spread out capacity?

Depositing a thought, what do people think of when considering D&D, where Universal pulls from?

Given Baldurs Gate 3 & Honor Among Thieves popularity in quality, I wonder if they might lean into one of those options for a more GP friendly experience (even with BG3 being more adult based).

Depositing a thought, what do people think of when considering D&D, where Universal pulls from?

Given Baldurs Gate 3 & Honor Among Thieves popularity in quality, I wonder if they might lean into one of those options for a more GP friendly experience (even with BG3 being more adult based).
I feel like they would've explicitly stated that to be the case if they were going that route. I'm not super familiar with D&D, my only significant exposure to it was Honor Among Thieves, but one of the biggest strengths of the IP seems to be its adaptability to different mediums due to its open-ended nature. It consists of a very expansive collect of characters, creatures, and locations, so I imagine they'll use whatever they feel is most well-suited for the event.

I feel like they would've explicitly stated that to be the case if they were going that route. I'm not super familiar with D&D, my only significant exposure to it was Honor Among Thieves, but one of the biggest strengths of the IP seems to be its adaptability to different mediums due to its open-ended nature. It consists of a very expansive collect of characters, creatures, and locations, so I imagine they'll use whatever they feel is most well-suited for the event.

Ordinarily I would agree that they probably would've explicitedly state what the hell it is; but given we've seen Universal do something similar of withholding information about a IP with how Chucky was done for HHN; I think it's certainly possible that things might waiver.

Somewhat of a casual with D&D myself, but I have listened my fair share of CR, have done 2 playthroughs of BG3 and have enjoyed Honor Among Thieves by quite a bit. I'd be content if they used a pre-existing element as a backboard; but I am though genuinely hoping it is a "house" in the sense of something from HHN.

I've always wanted to see Murdy and his team do High-Fantasy. I think it's one of the last two major holes in what HHN is capable of doing (me and @HydraGen2299 have been hoping for Scary Tales because of this). I want to see what they're capable of doing with the creaturology that comes with D&D.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Ordinarily I would agree that they probably would've explicitedly state what the hell it is; but given we've seen Universal do something similar of withholding information about a IP with how Chucky was done for HHN; I think it's certainly possible that things might waiver.
That's fair, but in Chucky's case it moved in the opposite direction. What was seemingly going to be a maze based on the show ended up being a more original concept. While Honor Among Thieves might be more recognizable to the general public, it could also be more limiting with what they could do with the IP.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm trying to think of what has a large fanbase but also could be included as scary entertainment, since that's their forte. I could see them randomly throwing in a Resident Evil maze or something. If Ghostbusters wasn't in Curious George, I could even see them keeping that up until Spring, but seems like it'd be a bit of a hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: mccgavin
Wishful thinking here, but I think it would be DOPE if they brought back T2:3D into the Dream Works Theater. There would have to be a few tweaks to make it work, but the infrastructure is mostly there to make it work.

For now, I think they’ll probably utilize a Star Trek show for that venue.

• Love
Reactions: bdubsCEO
Wishful thinking here, but I think it would be DOPE if they brought back T2:3D into the Dream Works Theater. There would have to be a few tweaks to make it work, but the infrastructure is mostly there to make it work.

For now, I think they’ll probably utilize a Star Trek show for that venue.
I'm actually wondering if the Anime IP might be for DreamWorks Theater or WaterWorld.

If it's WaterWorld, then One Piece makes so much sense; but the DWT offers Universal an ability to use the theater on the similar level to what Osaka does with their 4D cinema.

Reactions: Freak
I'm actually wondering if the Anime IP might be for DreamWorks Theater or WaterWorld.

If it's WaterWorld, then One Piece makes so much sense; but the DWT offers Universal an ability to use the theater on the similar level to what Osaka does with their 4D cinema.
Only thing is I don’t see them wanting to put a LOT of money down on animating brand new footage for just a two/three month event they’re just now starting to test out. I wouldn’t complain though if they’re actually willing to do that though! If they were to repurpose footage from one of USJ’s Detective Conan show, then that is the only thing I see working there. Even then, I think Conan would be WAY too niche to “work”.

IMO it would make a lot more business sense to have ride overlays for BTTF/Simpsons and DWT/T2:3D. All you have to do is remaster the footage for BTTF and maybe tweak the animation some for T2 for DWT. I strongly believe One Piece will be for WW and maaaaybe Demon Slayer as a walk thru at TWDA.

I do actually agree with that; but at that same token, I wonder if Scott Strobl is wanting to do that. Given his experience with the Pacific Rim division--maybe he could have the ability to get ahold of those of who he works with alongside the Universal Cool event? A hunch, but given how much he oversees the Hollywood, Osaka, Beijing and Singapore parks; I wonder if he might be involved in this process.

As for TWDA, I actually wonder if D&D is in there. I think that'd make sense given the scale of the building with everything hopefully cleared out. Could even allow them to convey the scale of certain creatures correctly.

I get this feeling a lot of you are setting yourselves up for major disappointment with such grand expectations for a park that doesn't fully deliver.

This is the same park that promoted the return of the "Runaway Train" for the 60th Anniversary. All we got was them relocating it to sit on the Breaking Bridge & blow smoke.

And as for the anime part. Downplaying anime & saying it's "too niche" is laughable. You put anime in USH (and promote it), you'll have the "Field of Dreams" effect- "if you build it, they will come". Besides, have you not seen the AnimeExpo crowds!? SoCal (and beyond) is filled with that demographic

As for what Universal Japan does, they just know how to market it to make it you want it. The U.S. marketing fails (except for Six Flags running over Mr Six)

I get this feeling a lot of you are setting yourselves up for major disappointment with such grand expectations for a park that doesn't fully deliver.

This is the same park that promoted the return of the "Runaway Train" for the 60th Anniversary. All we got was them relocating it to sit on the Breaking Bridge & blow smoke.
My counter to this is a simple one; due to the nature of this being a hard ticket event, and of our basis of knowledge with HHN--one has to wonder of the scope of which they will be going at.

And as for the anime part. Downplaying anime & saying it's "too niche" is laughable. You put anime in USH (and promote it), you'll have the "Field of Dreams" effect- "if you build it, they will come". Besides, have you not seen the AnimeExpo crowds!? SoCal (and beyond) is filled with that demographic

As for what Universal Japan does, they just know how to market it to make it you want it. The U.S. marketing fails (except for Six Flags running over Mr Six)
I do think it’s fair to expect this to be a little more substantial than the Tram’s 60th. Like Alex said, this will be a hard-ticketed event. They would only do this if there would be stuff to do there that’s worthwhile. I think we would at least see some exclusive attractions of some sort.

I do think it’s fair to expect this to be a little more substantial than the Tram’s 60th. Like Alex said, this will be a hard-ticketed event. They would only do this if there would be stuff to do there that’s worthwhile. I think we would at least see some exclusive attractions of some sort.

The fact it's being billed as with similar name conventions as HHN, having multiple varied IP's in a way that mimicks the event; and it being a hard ticket event leads me to have it.

If it was free, then I'd actually agree with @Wesker69 in setting expectations accordingly; but I do have to think there is a reason considering they are being able to get large brands to be onboard this early on.

Eh, I'm actually with Wesker on this one. This event hasn't even hit its first year yet, Universal is (for better or for worse) not going to put its eggs in one basket for an event theyre going to test the waters with. We barely have IPs confirmed. I think if this is successful after year one, we can then bluesky it all.

Of course they're going to name drop HHN... it is the ONLY event at USH. It's not like the park has much to offer.

Grinchmas/Potter-Xmas has been budget-cut to hell over the past several years. And I wouldn't consider it, former LNY or the 60th as "FREE" considering you still have to pay to get into the park (monthly for APs).

Green is Universal. And by green, Universal means taking your $$$

• Haha
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
My friend put this idea in my head and I've been dwelling on it since, but what if they make FNAF apart of this event to have it for a wider crowd (for the younger kiddies the franchise has been aiming for lately) versus HHN would've been? They mentioned gaming IPs, and that's one Universal already has a strong line of communication with. Just food for thought.

My friend put this idea in my head and I've been dwelling on it since, but what if they make FNAF apart of this event to have it for a wider crowd (for the younger kiddies the franchise has been aiming for lately) versus HHN would've been? They mentioned gaming IPs, and that's one Universal already has a strong line of communication with. Just food for thought.
Obviously things can change, but my understanding is they wanted FNAF at Horror Nights. Not sure they’d be any more likely to secure the rights for this event.

Obviously things can change, but my understanding is they wanted FNAF at Horror Nights. Not sure they’d be any more likely to secure the rights for this event.
Have insiders commented that Scott was playing hardball for rights here? Or was it other factors? I'd prefer FNAF at HHN, and it's absence for it this year was left field but based what other companies have commented about working with Scott Cawthon, isn't shocking.