Universal Fan Fest Nights - Coming 2025 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Fan Fest Nights - Coming 2025

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally giving a response to this. I think this is fantastic! I’m really curious to see how this will go!

I don’t know how exactly the “dynamics” of this event will go, but at the very least I would LOVE to see Simpsons overlayed to BTTF: The Ride. That alone would be worth the hard ticketed price for me!

For now I’m speculating….

-BTTF overlay for Simpsons or Minions (HOPEFULLY Simpsons!)
-Star Trek show at DWT
-D&D walk thru at TWDA.

But do we know if the featured IPs will just be D&D, BTTF, and Star Trek? Will there be more featured?
This, plus a One Piece show at Waterworld, perhaps some limited things at Nintendo World and Wizarding World, could make for a really solid lineup. Maybe an additional walk-through on the lower lot as well to spread out capacity?

Depositing a thought, what do people think of when considering D&D, where Universal pulls from?

Given Baldurs Gate 3 & Honor Among Thieves popularity in quality, I wonder if they might lean into one of those options for a more GP friendly experience (even with BG3 being more adult based).

Depositing a thought, what do people think of when considering D&D, where Universal pulls from?

Given Baldurs Gate 3 & Honor Among Thieves popularity in quality, I wonder if they might lean into one of those options for a more GP friendly experience (even with BG3 being more adult based).
I feel like they would've explicitly stated that to be the case if they were going that route. I'm not super familiar with D&D, my only significant exposure to it was Honor Among Thieves, but one of the biggest strengths of the IP seems to be its adaptability to different mediums due to its open-ended nature. It consists of a very expansive collect of characters, creatures, and locations, so I imagine they'll use whatever they feel is most well-suited for the event.

I feel like they would've explicitly stated that to be the case if they were going that route. I'm not super familiar with D&D, my only significant exposure to it was Honor Among Thieves, but one of the biggest strengths of the IP seems to be its adaptability to different mediums due to its open-ended nature. It consists of a very expansive collect of characters, creatures, and locations, so I imagine they'll use whatever they feel is most well-suited for the event.

Ordinarily I would agree that they probably would've explicitedly state what the hell it is; but given we've seen Universal do something similar of withholding information about a IP with how Chucky was done for HHN; I think it's certainly possible that things might waiver.

Somewhat of a casual with D&D myself, but I have listened my fair share of CR, have done 2 playthroughs of BG3 and have enjoyed Honor Among Thieves by quite a bit. I'd be content if they used a pre-existing element as a backboard; but I am though genuinely hoping it is a "house" in the sense of something from HHN.

I've always wanted to see Murdy and his team do High-Fantasy. I think it's one of the last two major holes in what HHN is capable of doing (me and @HydraGen2299 have been hoping for Scary Tales because of this). I want to see what they're capable of doing with the creaturology that comes with D&D.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Ordinarily I would agree that they probably would've explicitedly state what the hell it is; but given we've seen Universal do something similar of withholding information about a IP with how Chucky was done for HHN; I think it's certainly possible that things might waiver.
That's fair, but in Chucky's case it moved in the opposite direction. What was seemingly going to be a maze based on the show ended up being a more original concept. While Honor Among Thieves might be more recognizable to the general public, it could also be more limiting with what they could do with the IP.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'm trying to think of what has a large fanbase but also could be included as scary entertainment, since that's their forte. I could see them randomly throwing in a Resident Evil maze or something. If Ghostbusters wasn't in Curious George, I could even see them keeping that up until Spring, but seems like it'd be a bit of a hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: mccgavin