Universal Great Britain | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There hasn’t been any “riots” in Bedford as far as I am aware.

It doesn’t surprise me as Bedford is very multicultural and has been for quite a long time.

I think Comcast will be fully aware that due to social medias influence, less guided people are easily prone to using un-reputable news sources as fact, and then do stupid things. Just my opinion.

Aside from that, I’m really hoping things are moving forward quickly with the government talks, as now would be a great time for Universal to say they are moving ahead after the weekends Disney announcements of new lands, rides, and attractions…

Come on Universal!! :)

Reactions: Mike2024
With the ongoing activities in the UK causing Comcast to send their employees (Sky specifically) home earlier and have them not come in over the past week, do you think if this continues it will impact their decision to move forward with this park?

I doubt it. The riots were short lived and these sorts of things happen everywhere; very often in places like Paris in fact.

They were also quite localised, and didn’t really involve large numbers of people.

It’s something that was driven by lies and disinformation on social media, primarily X.

It’s also worth noting that not a single serious injury or death resulted from the disturbances.

Reactions: Mike2024