Universal Great Britain | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
As thanks to Tomfoolery, I believe we might have enough to base a speculation and rumor thread for the sake of this from the stuff they have since claimed on. Via the "Universal Re-Acquiring PortAventura" thread--Tomfoolery has claimed that of NBCUniversal and Comcast planning and developing a brand new destination project in that of the United Kingdom.

Tomfoolery has claimed as it stands that the land has already been bought, and is in the holding name of NVUL. Tomfoolery has additionally claimed as from what he has heard of this project being a full scale Universal park; not in the scope or scale to that of the upcoming Universal Kids Frisco. No other additional bits have been brought up by Tomfoolery outside of what has been addressed in the PortAventura thread.

If true, this would be the second third full attempt for Universal to do a project within that of the United Kingdom; with the first becoming what we now know of The London Resort.

(The NVUL Holding as screenshotted by @Tbad556)
nvul-png.20135

Mod Note: 12.19.23 - Universal has confirmed land purchased in Bedford, UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quite an exciting development truly. The Beijing project was fun to follow, and I’m glad another English speaking resort is happening.

Considering this is their 2nd attempt, how sure are we that this could truly be happening? It’s very early I know, but I don’t want to get hopes up. We have family friends in the UK and this would give me the excuse to finally visit.

Reactions: tankart150
I still worry that discussing this this early could jeopardize the project. I just don’t want to see it become an ITM story in the morning and get picked up by the trades before it has a chance to breathe.

But yes, very exciting possibility.

I still worry that discussing this this early could jeopardize the project. I just don’t want to see it become an ITM story in the morning and get picked up by the trades before it has a chance to breathe.

It's kind of why I hesitated to make the thread--with no offense to @Dan Cooper and those there, I did nearly consider keeping the discussion on the PortAventura thread due to that concern and gambit. It's why I have to think the fact they've been able to keep this shut and quiet since at least February is what makes me curious to why now of all times it gets out.

It's also why--subsequently; why I am intently and very much wanting to know how they've managed to keep the location of this getting out to that of the likes of the BBC or Sky. With a large scale project potentially like a full scale Universal park on the scope of a Beijing or EU--one would think someone would've heard developments for a project like this.

Reactions: tankart150 and Nico
As for the concerns of the weather that I noticed @Calmix had--might I consider that Universal has been experimenting and going at it with attempts to allow that of certain areas to be either shielded by the elements (like the canopies in both Osaka and Singapore); or that of full on indoor lands like Land of Awesomeness in Beijing.

EU is also getting something of the sort with the Ministry of Magic's atrium being completely indoors, and Beijing also has the canopy element as-well for the sake of their Hollywood land for the main road as you enter the park. Assuming if the UK park happens; then one would think they'd take what they've learned from the Asian parks and put it to use for the UK destination.

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
Say what you will about Disneyland Paris, at least that was masterfully planned from the start with the ability to build two addition parks. I am going to guess that wherever this hypothetical Universal park goes, it will have the ability to add at least a second gate.

I will also guess some of the lands of this park depending on when it opens could be cloned with some of the lands that will go in the EU expansion pads to maximize the R&D costs.

I don’t think they would care too much, especially with the state of Warner Bros and the rumour that Universal may even purchase them. Plus, the two experiences are soooo different anyway.

Why do I have the feeling that even if the trades did it, they'd still call it a "London Disneyland"

I'd actually wonder if Potter might be a non-starter, especially if there is stuff like exclusive clauses in place to allow the WB United Kingdom Studio Tour to be the only place in the country to have Potter.
I think Hogsmeade is definitely happening, they don’t have the castle at the studio tour. Diagon is different as building London, in London, is weird. Would be shocked, but pleasantly surprised if Potter didn’t happen. 100% expect it to though.

If Harry Potter wasn’t built in a UK Universal park then Uni would be the same problem as Disney had when they didn’t build Pirates in Florida. People would be mad lol

The only reason to not build it for opening is to have it as a Phase One expansion, which would still be exciting, but it should be there on opening day.

If Harry Potter wasn’t built in a UK Universal park then Uni would be the same problem as Disney had when they didn’t build Pirates in Florida. People would be mad lol

The only reason to not build it for opening is to have it as a Phase One expansion, which would still be exciting, but it should be there on opening day.
Assuming Universal buys WB, which if they did would likely be well before this park breaks ground (negotiations would start in April 2024 at the earliest) this would become moot and they could move full steam ahead with Potter. With talks of Potter being rebooted on Max, It's entirely possible that any Potter land could be radically different than any of the current lands at Universal. Epic Universe included.