Universal Great Britain | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not sure how else to tell you this, but that doesn't change a thing about the viability of HP at UGB. Not even a little bit.

If you would prefer me to tell you "You're right! HP will definitely be at UGB!" Then read this sentence instead and let's move on.
I’m not saying HP should be at UGB.

I think they should wait and get rights for the TV series version of HP which will be current, will be mainstream, is having a ton of money spent on it.

The film series is going to be 30 years old come 2030/31.

The TV series will be stylistically different and these restriction due to location probably won’t be in place.

How much support has she lost in reality?

Harry Potter prints money and HL made billions last year.

Most people don’t know or don’t care. I know those who are online whether here or twitter or anywhere else like to think otherwise but it’s not the case.

I don’t agree with her, but her opinions haven’t had any detrimental impact on the brand.
I’ve never said that HP doesn’t make money but the fact of the matter is she has made some very questionable statements.

Whether you agree with her or not is not the point because Universal is gonna make the best business decision possible.

Society as a whole is becoming more hyper aware of these issues.

Let’s not dismiss this whole discussion just because you feel she hasn’t offended anyone.

I’m not saying HP should be at UGB.

I think they should wait and get rights for the TV series version of HP which will be current, will be mainstream, is having a ton of money spent on it.

The film series is going to be 30 years old come 2030/31.

The TV series will be stylistically different and these restriction due to location probably won’t be in place.
Why would you think that WB wouldn't also want to hold onto the TV show rights in the UK for the Studio Tour (which is also being filmed there?)

Reactions: IzzyB
I’ve never said that HP doesn’t make money but the fact of the matter is she has made some very questionable statements.

Whether you agree with her or not is not the point because Universal is gonna make the best business decision possible.

Society as a whole is becoming more hyper aware of these issues.

Let’s not dismiss this whole discussion just because you feel she hasn’t offended anyone.
They’re a business, like any business they’re looking at $$$.

The IP isn’t fading, it’s still printing money. Honestly we’ll go round in circles here and like I said I don’t agree with her opinions but I’m talking about the IP. It’s still hugely popular, if the IP is still making money Comcast/Universal will brush things aside.

Warner/HBO wouldn’t be spending $250 million per series on the new reboot if they didn’t believe in the IP.

I understand people’s personal opinions, I agree but they need to be taken out of the equation.

Reactions: OrlLover
Why would you think that WB wouldn't also want to hold onto the TV show rights in the UK for the Studio Tour (which is also being filmed there?)
They’re going to wait 15 years to cash in? I doubt it.

I don’t think Warner can afford it.

They’re a business, like any business they’re looking at $$$.

The IP isn’t fading, it’s still printing money. Honestly we’ll go round in circles here and like I said I don’t agree with her opinions but I’m talking about the IP. It’s still hugely popular, if the IP is still making money Comcast/Universal will brush things aside.

Warner/HBO wouldn’t be spending $250 million per series on the new reboot if they didn’t believe in the IP.

I understand people’s personal opinions, I agree but they need to be taken out of the equation.
I’m dropping this conversation but we will have to agree to disagree on this matter.

Reactions: Steeb
I think you are confusing actual facts about IP rights with 'personal opinions''.

The irony of you writing that sentence is wild.
I don’t understand what’s so ridiculous, or what I’ve said that’s ‘wrong’. I don’t agree with her but from a business perspective and popularity perspective the IP hasn’t suffered.

Has Universal Orlando seen a drop in attendance since her posts? Can anything be attributed to that?

I think people are being slightly short because their feelings are getting involved so like Alicia said, it’s best we just drop it.

I don’t understand what’s so ridiculous, or what I’ve said that’s ‘wrong’. I don’t agree with her but from a business perspective and popularity perspective the IP hasn’t suffered.

Has Universal Orlando seen a drop in attendance since her posts? Can anything be attributed to that?

I think people are being slightly short because their feelings are getting involved so like Alicia said, it’s best we just drop it.
I have already stated that JKRs opinions have nothing to do with HP being at UGB, but you are consistently ignoring the facts about IP rights ownership which is the very obvious and simple issue.

But yes, please, let's drop it.

Reactions: IzzyB
I have already stated that JKRs opinions have nothing to do with HP being at UGB, but you are consistently ignoring the facts about IP rights ownership which is the very obvious and simple issue.

But yes, please, let's drop it.
What, I never mentioned her opinions to you?

The only reason why we all started speaking about this is because someone thought Universal would have second thoughts due to it, I disagree because Warner don’t seem bothered.

I’ve been speaking about that to other people but with you it’s always been about LOTR, HP and the new series. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned her in a discussion with you personally.

Like I said people are being a bit short, you’re being a being short and you’ve been getting involved in a conversation that I’ve been having with other members which is fair enough, it’s a forum. But you’re getting your wires crossed if you think I’ve spoken about this with you.

Let me make it clear. The IP is popular, it always will be, I don’t agree with her opinions and I feel the IP is far more current and family friendly than LOTR. I don’t know how to make it anymore clear than that.

You literally did in your reply to me before this one. But, genuinely, for the sake of both of us, please let's end this discussion.
I was replying to someone else and you quoted me. Before that I was talking about the TV series…

But honestly yeah, let’s drop it. It’s like talking to a brick wall.

• Haha
Reactions: Steeb
Let’s get back to LOTR. If the Tolkien estate wouldn’t give Amazon anything decent to work with for this series when they spent billions what have they agreed with Universal?

LOTR fans on the most part hate this new series, they hate it because it doesn’t make sense, it doesn’t make sense because the Tolkien estate have limited what they can and can’t use.

I’m sure Universal could create something magical but without anything current whether it be a series or film that’s decent backing it up it’s going to look a little flat.

Basically what have Tolkien’s estate agreed to. If it’s anything like Amazon it’s nothing good.