Universal Great Britain | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That’s an odd article. Nothing new, and am I mis-remembering that the hotel size has been suggested at 800 rooms following a briefing to one of the local councils, so the Sky piece might not be up to date? Also 20M visitors seems a bit bonkers, especially for a single gate resort. Has anyone seen any video on Sky News accompanying that piece on their website? I saw yesterday on Facebook reports that a Sky News helicopter had been spotted flying over the site at Bedford, as well as the reports here of a camera crew on the ground. Perhaps it was for a news item? Perhaps it’s start of a PR push anticipating the next step in the journey around 8 July?

Interesting. As Sky are actually part of Comcast, this makes me ponder that this is a PR step in the process that is partly intended to throw the bait out to the incoming Government. It clearly paints a very rosy picture of economic benefit, coupled with the need for the Government to invest in infrastructure. Perhaps this is designed by Comcast to put a little pressure on?

I’ve been searching for the economic impact assessment for a little while, assuming it would be part of Universal’s planning submission to the government. You can see the EIA for the now abandoned London Resort here. I’ve not found anything for the site at Bedford, but with Universal publishing some of the headline figures I guess that report has been completed. One possibility for the independent company which has done that work is LDP Partners, whose project works includes a Universal Studios new park feasibility study.

The document is actually named 'UniversalUKProject.LocalLetter.April2024' so seems they've held onto this for a while before publishing. Interesting!
Are you sure that’s correct? From the link you provided to the PDF file it appears that it is titled “UK Economic Assessment June 2024.pdf”

I’ve been searching for the economic impact assessment for a little while, assuming it would be part of Universal’s planning submission to the government. You can see the EIA for the now abandoned London Resort here. I’ve not found anything for the site at Bedford, but with Universal publishing some of the headline figures I guess that report has been completed. One possibility for the independent company which has done that work is LDP Partners, whose project works includes a Universal Studios new park feasibility study.
It did surprise me that it was not linked to the news article, You have saved me the bother of trying to find it, I was just about to give it a go. Hopefully it will come into the light soon, it will be an interesting read.

Reactions: rob@rar